Role: Technical Safety Manager - Projects (ex- Military preferred)
Location: Leonardo Helicopters UK, Yeovil Site
Start Date: ASAP
Our client is an AIM-listed company formed to create sustainable shareholder value through the acquisition and development of businesses in the outsourced business service sector with a focus on those that provide critical asset testing, inspection & maintenance services in the UK. Their customers can be found on most high streets, in office complexes and industrial estates, and include SMEs, local authorities, facilities management providers, multi-site NHS trusts and FTSE 100 companies.
To oversee the effective and compliant delivery of safety services to approx. 44500 employees and contract staff. Responsible for up to 5 personnel. The role is primarily intended to cover the activities at the Yeovil site. However, where directed, the post holder will assume temporary or permanent responsibility for similar activities at any premises within the LHUK portfolio.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY
- To ensure through overseeing the correct application of the relevant company Health, Safety & Environmental management systems and practices, the effective implementation and maintenance of safe and legally compliant places of work in respect of all LHUK activities. The post holder will give particular focus to those activities associated with construction and infrastructure project work including new builds, refurbishment and repairs, maintenance and the management of project-related contractors. The post holder will carry into effect such HS&E strategies and objectives that are established by the LHUK Health, Safety and Environment Manager as part of the wider development of LHUK Safety Management Systems.
- The post holder will also undertake any relevant activities in support of the acquisition and maintenance of such external standards and accreditations as the Company may seek to attain.
- The Technical Safety Manager (Projects) will by exception, deputise for the Technical safety Managers (Engineering, Process and Training) where the need arises
KEY OBJECTIVES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and support the activities of a dedicated team of Specialist Safety Advisors in relation to construction and other infrastructure projects including the management of contractors, and as required mechanical engineering, assembly, repair and chemical processes within the strictures imposed by the LHUK SMS.
- Manage and support as required specialists from other disciplines in line with projects and the 'tasking by skill-set' arrangement.
- Ensure the provision of an appropriate level of advice to LHUK Managers in relation to the execution of their duties with the SMS.
- Support the introduction and maintenance of the centralised 'asking by skill set' arrangement.
- Support the LHUK HS&E Manager in the course of all external audits, inspections and visits.
- Support the LHUK HS&E Manager in the development of policy, procedures and practices.
- Liaise with and support the general activities of the LHUK Safety Management team.
- Liaise, advise and support as required the wide Finmeccanica HS&E Group.
- Engage with and support the #safety Protects' initiative in all respects including aircraft safety.
- Co-ordinate and ensure the delivery of the following in respect of 'Projects':
- Oversee and advise on construction and infrastructure project safety, with particular emphasis on the application of legislative CDM requirements and contractor management.
- Manage the LHUK Contractor Approval process.
- Deliver Project and Maintenance-related training, as required.
- Risk Assessment programmes, including generic change and change-related updates.
- Health & Safety Management qualification at NVQ Level 4 or above, ideally holding Chartered membership of IOSH or equivalent and associate membership of the IEMA.
- Detailed knowledge of UK statutory regulations in respect of health, safety and environment.
- Detailed technical knowledge and experience of manufacturing methods, factory services, maintenance & facilities requirements and construction projects.
- Interpersonal and team skills to the extent of being able to interact and communicate at all levels.
- Negotiation skills to the extent of being able to deal effectively with managers, employees, customers, suppliers and the enforcing authorities.
- Project management skills
- The post-holder will possess a minimum of 5 years' experience in a manufacturing or construction environment with responsibility for providing professional support services.
- Possession of a suitable Safety Training qualification such as 'Train the Trainer'.
- Possession of specialist 'site-related' skills such as First Aid, Banks-Man, CAT process etc.
- Basic computer literacy to the extent of using Company systems and software to undertake analysis and the generation of professional reports
Ref: 13280/001_1538397286 | Published: 01th Oct 2018