Job Title: Technical Operations Engineer
Location: Leeds/ Lisburn
Salary: £Competitive plus benefits
Our client is a UK Defence Manufacturer specialising in the provision of Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition & Reconnaissance (ISTAR) systems. With 40 years of industry experience and a combined legacy of 180 years of real-world operation experience, our client prides itself on offering customers the right solution for the right environment.
The successful candidate will provide technical support and training, to both customer and sales teams across the globe. The candidate will also work alongside teams of electronics, mechanical, and software engineers, throughout all phases of product/project life cycle. He/she will be liaising with customers, suppliers and other members of the company at all levels, to ensure timely and effective solutions.
The responsibilities of any successful candidate will include:
- Technical support to customers (remote and onsite) during/outside normal office hours
- Technical support to the BD Team & company staff worldwide
- Support product demonstrations globally
- Deliver internal/external training courses on company and 3rd party systems
- Design, organise and delivery of training courses
- Develop, test and evaluate company products, software and firmware
- Carry out technical site surveys, installation and commissioning of company systems
- Carry out first line field repair of company systems.
- A minimum of five years spent in the industry working in telecommunication/electronics sector
- Strong technical and electronic knowledge of RF, GSM and satellite bearer technologies
- Strong technical and electronic knowledge of Electro-Optic and GPS asset tracking systems
- Be an efficient planner and organiser with the ability to coordinate training tasks
- Willingness to travel across sites and to customer locations, which may include remote and austere locations
- Ability to work as an individual or as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Key working relationships will include Customers, BD, R&D/Engineering & Evaluation.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the principles/installation of RF, GSM, microwave, satellite bearer systems
- Installation, commissioning of electronic systems
- Knowledge of AC / DC power systems
- Field repair experience
- Vehicle electronics installation
- Electro-optics installation
- Instructional experience
- Computer / IT / Networking skills
- Aerial rigging trained, working at height.
Ref: 13335/001_1568712181 | Published: 17th Sep 2019