Senior Site Agent (Ex-Military Only)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Start Date: December 2015 / January 2016
Our Client provides a diverse range of specialist construction and engineering services across the UK. They are known for creating and maintaining assets for both public and private sector customers in the specialist sectors of rail and engineering.
Our Client has evolved through a combination of structured acquisition and organic growth into a 'contractor of choice'. Their business relationships are based on trust, mutual respect, best value, whole life costs and continuous improvement. They align their delivery capability to their clients' culture, values and business needs. Their aim is to help their clients achieve their strategic business objectives.
Our Client offers a 'cradle to grave' service which includes feasibility, optioneering, design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance. They are experienced in working on live assets. These include rail, power generation, electricity distribution, clean water, flood defence and waterways.
Our Client delivers nationally but are organised regionally; their collaborative customer-focused style and record of successful delivery results in regular repeat business.
They are a keen supporter of Ex-Forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
To lead successful contract delivery on behalf of the company by ensuring:
- That the site team are fully apprised of the contract parameters and have the capability and resources necessary to achieve contract objectives.
- The development of positive relationships with all parties associated with the contract.
- The contract is delivered on time, within budget and to the agreed quality.
- Company profit on the contract is maximised.
- That client expectations regarding, quality, programme and budget are, wherever possible, exceeded.
- The creation and maintenance of a positive company image.
The key tasks of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfilling the Site Agent's responsibilities as laid down in Section 2 of the Company's Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensuring that the contract is executed in accordance with the requirements of:
- All applicable legislation
- The Terms and Conditions of the contract
- The Contract Health and Safety Plan
- The Contract Quality/Environmental Plan
- The Policies and Procedures contained within the Company Business Management System
- Delivery of the contract within programme and budget.
- The promotion of a continuous improvement culture and the use of best practice.
- The continuous monitoring of contract progress to ensure contract objectives are being met.
- Ensuring that, in conjunction with the Site Team, changes to the contract are identified, agreed and effectively managed.
- The provision of formal reports on contract progress to the Project Manager.
- Ensuring that all relevant issues, which cannot be resolved at contract level, are passed for the attention of the Project Manager.
Candidates for this role should be effective team members and meet the following criteria:
- Ambition and commitment to success in the role.
- Demonstrable self-motivation and high personal professional standards.
- Confident communication skills.
- Excellent employer references.
- Previous experience in a similar role would be preferred and it is envisaged that this will have been gained, at least in part, with a Major Contractor.
- Further career development is envisaged within our expanding rail operations.
Education / Qualifications
- Educational/Professional Qualifications:
- Civil Engineering and/or Building Qualification or compensating experience or compensating experience
- CSCS Requirements:
- Minimum - Site Management Card (Platinum)
- H&S Requirements:
- Five Day Site Managers Safety Training Scheme or acceptable alternative (e.g. NEBOSH General Certificate).
- PTS Certificate.
Ref: 12974 | Published: 04th Jan 2016