Residents' Service Manager
Location: Grosvenor Waterside, Chelsea
Line Manager: General Manager, Property Manager
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a responsible modern organisation, with best practice a fundamental part of their DNA. Our client is ever conscious of the need for balance: superlative client service with sustainability; management excellence with staff motivation; financial prudence with a permanent programme of growth and improvement.
Our Client focuses on delivering outstanding management to their clients and lessees. They are constantly developing initiatives to ensure that their day to day management is as effective as possible, which supports them in their plans to become the leading residential management property company across the UK market.
PURPOSE AND AIM OF ROLE
- To maintain effective all-round line management of the concierge team through delegation and co-ordination in addition to carrying out all regular concierge duties.
- To establish an exceeding level of customer service as the benchmark in which the rest of the concierge team and doormen will be measured.
- Overseeing all staff administration including staff induction, training, annual rota, annual leave forms, overtime & return to work forms.
- To liaise between the General Manager, Managing Agent and occupiers ensuring that the requirements of all parties are met in the operation of the property and services.
- To ensure that the development is kept and maintained to the high standards expected by the landlord and Managing Agent and to ensure that the property runs efficiently. The Residents' Service Manager is to act as the focal point of all activities that may be taking place within the development.
- Oversee the management and administration for services supplied by contractors as directed by the General Manager and Property Manager.
- To prescriptively promote additional services to occupiers when appropriate by cultivating professional interactions with occupiers and having in depth knowledge of all services offered. The Residents' Service Manager will train other concierge and doormen staff to follow suit.
- To oversee the security procedures for the development.
- Ensure that any defects / problems are reported to the General Manager without any delays.
- To track, action, and complete all Requests assigned / sent to the Residents' Service Manager through R&R online.
- The Residents' Service Manager must ensure that any stock held is listed and kept to the stock levels required sending stock orders to the General Manager on a regular basis.
- To perform your duties and provide concierge services, in the prescribed manner, as instructed by the General Manager or Property Manager.
- To inspect, on a daily basis, all internal & external areas of the estate and report any defects, security or health and safety concerns to the General Manager.
- To set an example for other staff members by being courteous and helpful to all occupiers in addition to members of the public, other staff, guests, and to contractors employed on the estate.
- Ensure the development is a well-managed, safe, clean and secure environment in which to live and work.
- To have an in depth working knowledge of the development and proactively on a continual basis update the concierge and doormen staff when appropriate.
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Influencing and Negotiating: To persuade key internal or external stakeholders to buy-in to the objectives and needs of the organisation, steering all negotiations in a positive direction to come to mutually agreeable outcomes for all.
- Communicating and Presenting: To demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and have excellent ability to deliver presentations to key stakeholders, handle conflict situations, and build positive working relationships to benefit the company.
- Team Working and Collaborating: To identify what motivates different individuals and makes effort to recognise and praise team members for good work to strengthen team performance, even after setbacks.
- Customer Focus: To show empathy and sensitivity whilst encountering difficult situations and exchanges, maintaining honesty and integrity in dealing with delicate and confidential issues.
- Planning and Organising: To be flexible and adaptable and drawing contingency plans where possible to meet delivery.
- Achievement Focus: To drive self and others to work towards excellence, setting new goals and pushing for high standards.
- Continuous Improvement: To identify and drive others to realise required action(s), new ideas, and areas of improvements that can contribute to the business in a positive way or improve personal performance. Supporting employees and encouraging them to take a positive approach to change in an ever evolving environment.
- Good working knowledge of building maintenance systems
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements and legislation
- SIA License
- Knowledge of anti-discrimination & equal opportunity legislation
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to undertake further training as required
- Qualified to A level or above ( desirable)
- Qualified in Health & Safety e.g. NEBOSH,IOSH (desirable)
- Significant working experience in a high end customer service establishment
- Overseeing additional life style management services
- Dealing with the general public in sensitive situations
- Practical application of H&S in the work place
- Proven track record of dealing with contractors
- Proven track record of successfully handling complaints
- Significant experience in managing / supervising staff
- Significant experience of residential block management
- New build or opening of a development / operation
- Held a position as a Concierge within a 5 star hotel
- Excellent knowledge & understanding of I.T. including email and Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
Ref: 13154_1489073965 | Published: 09th Mar 2017