Job Title: Quantity Surveyor (Ex- Military only)
Location: South of England
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a FORTUNE 500 company with estimated revenues of approximately $7.5B.They are a leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services.
They employ approximately 34,000 highly skilled professionals working at over 75 companies in 170 locations.
To provide commercial and cost ownership across the southern region projects group, that delivers multi - trade design and build packages, values ranging from £25K - £3m, throughout the life any given project, that provides with the most optimum and sustainable financial return possible. Whilst ensuring that all matters appertaining to commercial risk, improved margin opportunity, cash collection is managed with a diligent and professional manner at all times, within a fast and dynamic moving end user environment.
As part of a successful team, create close working relationships with the respective project teams on matters concerning value for money whilst still achieving correct business ethics, standards and quality, all within a framework environment of financial control.
- Manage day to day, on a project by project basis, commercial risk effectively, in the pursuit of an optimum successful outcome, whilst ensuring mitigating factors are dealt with at all times and report to the Senior QS on a regular basis to outcomes and actions taken.
- To manage all sub contract packages from commencement through to completion, with the primary purpose of agreeing all variations, final accounts in a timely manner, cognisant to the contractual time frames.
- To be able to negotiate with all respective suppliers and sub-contractors as necessary, throughout the project in ensuring best value is obtained throughout.
- Improve the profitability and competitive performance of the business through selling and negotiating skills and maximising opportunities.
- To ensure all variations are costed, submitted and agreed with our customers in a timely manner.
- To prepare all valuations and final accounts in accordance with the contracts and submit to our clients for approval.
- To hold full responsibility for the negotiations, valuations, interims and final accounts.
- To prepare and present detailed contract review data to the projects team and projects director on a monthly basis, providing accurate contract performance projections in terms of both revenue and gross margin.
- Implement, direct, monitor and control the company's commercial framework consistently across the division including customer contracts, risk and legal requirements.
- Track Divisional financial performances at all times in line with Group policies and procedures.
- To be able to engage and work closely with all respective procurement and project managers, in pursuit of ensuring all commercial and financial matters are captured at all times, with the primary purpose of improving the financial performance of the project.
- Advise the project team on all contractual issues and matters as and when necessary.
- To engage with the estimating/bid team at all times in ensuring that all commercial and financial information has been handed over to the operational team effectively, that allows no risk to be introduced to the project, due to lack of knowledge or information.
- Establish business relationships with operations, estimators and finance functions within the division.
- Provide commercial input to new business proposals as and when requested.
- To be able to work to tight timescales set by our customers and to that end be able to effectively manage their workload to suit.
- Provide effective and appropriate leadership, including team spirit and company ethos, culture and values.
- Primary responsibility to work as a team at all times, driving for one single successful outcome.
- Protect the company "brand" through the application of professional commercial practice and principles.
- To be able to operate within the corporate governance of the company at all times
- Demonstration to being HNC/degree qualified as a minimum in engineering, commercial management, business administration.
- Hold extensive trade background experience.
- A demonstrable track record in operating across a diverse, building services fast track projects environment.
- Demonstrable experience in operating with JCT and NEC type contracts.
- Demonstrate contract value optimisation, negotiating skills, legal and commercial aspects with the supply chain and clients.
- Able to provide an entrepreneurial approach to the enhancement of project performance.
- Able to work as part of a team and communicate well with all members.
- To be able to work effectively within the governance framework set out by EMCOR Group (UK) plc.
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Knowledge of SOR contracts.
- Demonstrable customer service/focus approach.
- A thorough understanding of the principles of risk management
- Strong analysis and report writing skills demonstrating attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team and communicate issues to both senior commercial and operational managers
- Computer literate with sound knowledge of excel, word and email accounts
- Proven ability to contribute to the development of long-term business plans and commercial strategy.
- To command high levels of energy with a positive outlook. Always working to achieving solutions, with creative thinking at the forefront.
- Ability to work to tight time schedules and highlight workload issues in a proactive manner.
- Proven ability to contribute to the development of long-term business plans and commercial strategy
- Proven experience in negotiating complex matters with third party suppliers
- Valid full driving license
- Travel will be across the south of England
Ref: 13143_1497366789 | Published: 13th Jun 2017