Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is one of the leading software providers in the UK transport market. They provide a broad range of software products and ancillary services that have been designed to enable local authorities and bus operators to optimize and enhance the provision of transport services.
All of their solution sales include an element of system integration, which involves data integration, configuration and client-specific customisations, which may involve interfaces to other systems or reports generation.
Our Client is a keen supporter of ex-forces personnel and to be considered for this role it would be an advantage, but not necessary if you served in the British Armed Forces.
As a Project Manager your role will be:
- To take responsibility for the successful delivery of all assigned projects across the company's product set as well as to support the sales team in new bids.
The responsibilities of a Project Manager are:
- Successful delivery of projects from bid through to closure for time, budget and quality.
- Input into tender responses, both technical and financial.
- Ensuring that the company's financial and contractual commitments are met.
- Assistance in all aspects of Professional Services, including account management, business development, customer care and product strategy.
- Identifying process improvements designed to drive best practice and operating efficiencies.
To be considered for the Project Manager position you should have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- A proven track record of excellence in the delivery of complex IT systems on fixed price and to demanding time scales. The person will need excellent client management skills as the projects require significant input from our clients who often have conflicting and different calls on their time.
- Experience working with public sector clients is essential, and exposure to the transport sector would be beneficial.
- PRINCE2 & ITIL qualifications would also be an advantage - if not already qualified then a willingness to gain these qualifications is required.
- Knowledge and experience in Earned Value Management and Agile project methodologies would be beneficial.
- Experience of managing a small team at an operational level would be beneficial.
- A Degree (ideally) in a relevant technical discipline (IT software/systems, Transportation or Engineering) and a strong technical/engineering background
- At least 5 years proven excellence in project delivery through experience working for a software company or system integrator.
- A demonstrable track record to deliver fixed price software projects to time and budget.
- Strong client facing skills and abilities, able to build relationships and involve clients in contributing to systems integration
- Self-starter able to get up to speed quickly on complex projects and to work with a minimum of supervision
- Comfortable in a targeted, high intensity work environment, where resources and time are finite.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal).
- Capable of and willing to 'muck in' and undertake the day to day tasks, as well as contributing to the strategic aims of the team.
- Experience of writing quotations, estimating project costs and negotiating contracts within a public sector environment.
- Well-developed business and commercial awareness combined with the ability to react to changing priorities and timescales according to business need.
- Previous experience in the transport industry and/or software development is preferred.
Ref: 12982 | Published: 01th Dec 2015