Job Title: Operations Technician (ex- Military preferred)
Reporting to: Operations Supervisor
Salary: Dependent on skills & qualifications
Start date: ASAP
Our client is the leading global restoration and repair company. They restore fire, water and damage of every kind and on any scale, day in, day out. They do more than that however; their people enable business and homeowners to overcome the consequences of damage quickly, smoothly and cost-effectively. With more than 7,000 employees in 26 countries they are at their customer's service 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year.
The Technician is responsible for delivering site based works and ensuring that these works are completed to a satisfactory quality and profitable standard in line with those defined with company operational procedures and techniques. This includes a strong focus on achieving profit targets controlling estimates, sales values and direct costs across Commercial and Residential jobs
- Attend, inspect, report, and deliver on contracted operational work and emergency call outs as and when required, including active participation in the emergency call out rota.
- Manage the resources efficiently and effectively in order to meet profit and productivity targets. Informing the hire desk of equipment being utilised.
- Prepare all relevant paperwork, including, on- site documents, to the pre-agreed company standard
- Liaise with the Service Centre to ensure that they are regularly informed of the status of all live ongoing projects.
- Maintain close liaison with the Supervisor, other technicians and Management as required.
- Assist the Supervisors with the ongoing training of Operational personnel.
- Ensure that Quality, Management, and Health & Safety procedures are both understood and fully implemented. Advising insured's, where applicable, of the operation and safety of all plant and equipment including the provision of safety data sheets when necessary.
- Provide flexible resourcing to assist any other Technicians and or to operate as a site based technician when required on both commercial and residential claims.
- Understand and implement the use of new procedures and materials.
- Manage projects in the workshop efficiently and cost effectively.
- Development of relationships with loss adjusters and PIAs operating within their region.
- Other ad hoc duties as requested by the business
- Experience in a maintenance environment with a background in electrical, mechanical or general maintenance
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with and liaise with the customer various claim stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective services are provided it vital aspect of the role
- Willing to undergo full training
- Current & full UK driving licence
Ref: 13243_1508944095 | Published: 25th Oct 2017