Our client is the leading brand for surface water drainage systems throughout the world. This company has a working culture of entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and high standards with the freedom to create your own job satisfaction through ownership and continuous improvement. Openness and honesty are key characteristics to working here as this creates a friendly, flexible environment where colleagues are keen to share information and work together to achieve the best results.
As a Manufacturing Manager you will lead the production team of the polymer concrete factory and the plastics production facilities to ensure they are performed at high standards and consistency without compromising on health and safety and the environment. You will be responsible for Looking after 2 production teams in Shefford and Bedford.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Technical degree (mechanical/ production engineering) or HND, Technical qualification.
- Health and Safety qualification.
- Excellent people management, coaching/mentoring and communication skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including management of production and maintenance engineering.
- Knowledge and practical experience of designing and adhering to health and safety procedures, understanding legislation.
- Knowledge of moulding/casting techniques or fast moving consumer goods processes preferred.
- To lead and participate in improvement projects both within the manufacturing function and supporting other business areas.
- Take full ownership in creating efficient and effective manufacturing through the management of the capacity of the factory, liaising with Production Planning and facilitating the Production Team Managers.
- Management of health & safety and environmental issues related to the factory, ensuring the safety of employees and visitors.
- Training and re-training to ensure all production employees are competent to work safely.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety procedures, appropriate management of staff, staff training on H&S, safety checks are conducted as defined.
- Management and compliance with attendance, sickness absence, overtime, skills matrix, discipline of their teams according to the standards set.
- To take full responsibility for the budgets of areas of accountability.
- To engender a culture of continuous improvement in terms of health and safety, performance metrics, process improvements, site housekeeping and staff engagement, by being visible to all team members and having regular presence on the shop floor.
- To facilitate the innovative process by managing the combination of core business and prototyping, liaising with the R&D dept.
- To develop the team, set their targets and training, manage their performance and facilitate their learning process.
- To pro-actively inform the Operations Manager on all production related issues.
To be considered for this role or for further information please call Raz on 020 7291 5714
Ref: 12850_1413046492 | Published: 11th Oct 2014