Job title: Maintenance Engineers x 2 (ex - Military preferred)
Location: Heathrow, NW London & SW London (field based role)
Salary: Competitive + shift allowance + company vehicle + potential OT
Shifts: 4 on 4 off including days & nights
Start date: Mid - August 2017
Our Client provides technology and network services to many of the UK and Ireland's largest and most mission-critical operational systems. From Public Safety to Defence, Transport to Service Provider. With revenue of £401 million GBP, they employ around 2000 employees.
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are our Client has enabled the technology to make this happen.
- Interrogate traffic signal controllers of all types, carry out fault analysis, diagnose root cause and repair of all controller and associated ancillary equipment.
- When required complete periodic inspections in line with customer requirements.
- Attendance and 'Make Safe' of Emergency RTA faults in line with stringent customer requirements.
- Investigation of possible cable faults at pole tops, controller & chambers.
- Deliver the highest level of service to our customer through an innovative & proactive approach to reactive and preventative maintenance.
- As and when required provide support to other areas including other maintenance areas and chargeable works.
- Proactively identify and undertake Preventative Maintenance measures to reduce fault rates.
- Complete detailed fault repair reports live onsite utilizing company's Fault Management System.
- Ensure all consumables are maintained on vehicle to required levels.
- Complete all personal admin tasks within company timescales.
- Liaise on a daily basis with the local company' Fault Desk to ensure effective fault attendance.
- Liaise directly with customer and other stakeholders providing a customer focused and collaborative service.
- Ensure test equipment, vehicle, tools and PPE are compliant, safe and have up to date calibration certificates where required.
- Comply with all company's RAMS & SSOWs at all times.
- Complete onsite Risk Assessments.
- Ensure compliance with all associated legislation.
BUSINESS OPERATIONS SKILLS - QUALIFICATIONS:
- Competent to Requirements of BS7671 17th Edition Regulations.
- Competent to the Requirements of HERS8.
- G39 Certificated.
- Ability to understand equipment MCE0141 specifications.
- Experience in traffic lights highly desirable or other similar fields with transferable skills will also be taken into account.
- Self-motivation is a key skill required as this role is field based and will also require a high degree of flexibility and self-management.
- Although training is provided the successful candidate will be required to learn new skills and equipment through proactive investigations, use of documentation & technical manuals and via onsite training with other experienced engineers/technical support
Ref: 13209_1500649491 | Published: 21th Jul 2017