Job Title: Logistics Manager/Director (Ex- Military candidates preferred)
Location: Ashford, Kent
Start date: ASAP
Our client is one of the leading distributors of Fixings, Fasteners and Building Consumables in the UK. Our customers include a range of the most renowned names in the Construction and Civil Engineering industries; among them are main contractors and specialist sub-contractors.
To manage the logistics and operations of the business achieving and exceeding internal and external customer expectations within budget. Be an integral part of the management team within company
- The Control, communication with and co-ordination of the Warehouse, Transport, stock & systems admin and Sales Teams to ensure the required level of service is provided
- The Management of departmental functions within the agreed budget
- Pursue methods to improve processes and procedures through control of Warehouse and Transport and other resources
- Assist in the development of a flexible, trained and motivated team
- Make innovative recommendations to the Senior team
- Monitoring of financial Operational performance
- Advise and assist the Managing Director with both short and long-term planning of the Business in regard to Warehouse and Transport configuration and resource requirements.
- Promote a close working partnership with the customer both internal and external
- Promote good employee and industrial relations on site and deal with problems at an early stage
- Chair meetings and take part in the Site communication processes Health and Safety
- Drive site H&S programme in ensuring that requirements relating to health and safety and hygiene are complied with in all warehouse and office areas.
- Identify training needs for subordinates and meet these in conjunction with the HR department.
- Assist in the undertaking staff appraisals
- Involved in staff recruitment in conjunction with HR
- Involved in staff disciplinary hearings in conjunction with HR
- Involved in all onsite meetings where applicable
- Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT) qualified along with a graduate degree would be highly preferred
- Warehouse and Transport operations experience within the FMCG Distribution Industry
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in senior management roles and with direct budget management experience in circa £30M
Ref: 13257_1517485176 | Published: 01th Feb 2018