Job Title: Learning and Development Professional (LDP)
Reporting to: Head of Learning and Development (HoLD)
Location: Saudi Arabia
Salary: £Competitive + circa 58 day's holiday + 3 flight tickets per year
Other details: This position is unaccompanied
Start date: ASAP
Our Client provides some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Their wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Our Client serves the needs of our customers by delivering a wide range of advanced defence, aerospace and security solutions that provide a technological and performance edge. They work together with local partners to engineer, manufacture, and develop the innovations that sustain economies, increase defence sovereignty and safeguard commercial interests.
The purpose of this job is to coordinate, implement and deliver L&D activities within the specified location/ Function with the aim of ensuring that both L&D strategic and operational initiatives are achieved.
- Delivering behavioural skills training courses to all employees to the required standard
- Leading or participating in the design / development of appropriate learning initiatives, courses, intervention materials, and evaluation of the success of initiatives
- Supporting client's management teams, functional leads, and Talent Management by undertaking training needs analysis (TNA) to identify gaps, facilitating the production of annual training plans to address these gaps and providing professional learning and development advice and solutions as required
- Contributing to the analysis of business problems working with line managers and senior leaders to identify the opportunity for these to be addressed through learning and development initiatives,
- Line management of performance, coordination and integration of the activities undertaken by L&D operations associates employed within the L&D service,
- Ensuring responsibility for understanding, appreciating, and bringing together all of the different components that make up and affect a learning initiative,
- Identifying and removing all the factors that may lead to the failure of an initiative, and creating alignment amongst the stakeholders and the components before an initiative actually begins,
- Liaising with L&D Operational Services with regard to the planning and scheduling of L&D interventions, training procurement, delegate management, training records, and reporting and analysis,
- Promoting, resourcing and operating the local Learning and Resource Centre (LRC), and supporting and giving advice / guidance to other team members in how to effectively utilise their local LRC,
- Ensuring that the skills and competencies of all L&D employees involved in these tasks at the location meet business requirements and that continuous professional development, co-operative development and best-fit methodologies are practised by actively promoting and developing enabling environments and culture,
- The post holder has the major client agreed targets set for him by the HoLD and is tasked with achievement of these targets through the working relationship with the location senior management / employees.
- The post holder has agreed objectives with the location senior management and is tasked with the achievement of these objectives using the resources at his disposal, seeking further authority from the HoLD as required.
- The post holder reports directly to the HoLD based in Riyadh, who monitors performance on a weekly basis.
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant field and possess experience in training and management of staff; this includes course delivery, delegation, team building/development and performance management,
- Knowledge and experience in the application of a systems approach to training in the planning, analysis, design, development delivery and evaluation of L&D programmes,
- A minimum of five years' experience conducting, or assisting in the conduct of, instructional design and development activities,
- A minimum of five years in a similar multi-functional / cultural learning and development role that must include significant communications, networking, cultural awareness and customer facing experience,
- Ability to work to demanding deadlines, ensuring a high degree of accuracy, paying due regard to attention to detail, contractual key performance indicators, and customer perception and feedback,
- Experience in managing / leading business performance activities and relations with customers / suppliers,
- Understanding and interpretation of HR business strategy, L&D and Talent Management with high level of problem solving and budgeting skills,
- Ability to develop L&D systems, policies and procedures in accordance with business need
Ref: 13266/001_1540283107 | Published: 23th Oct 2018