Job Title: Instructor - Schools Partnership Project (Ex- Military preferred)
Start date: August 2017
Duration: 8 months (fixed term contract)
Job type: Part - time
Our Client is a UK- based education charity offering a broad range of vocational qualifications, designed to recognise the work undertaken by young people and adult volunteers within youth organisations.
In 2013, they were chosen by the Department of Education to deliver a new alternative provision training scheme for young people who may need a different way of studying to achieve more from their school experience.
The aim of the job is to work with students in the alternative provision sector and help raise their attainment by increasing their confidence and abilities to work with others.
- To deliver the client-led Edexcel/Pearson BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Teamwork, Personal Skills and Citizenship in Youth Organisations (QCF) in schools, to groups of up to 12 young people from Year 7 upwards within the London Borough of Croydon.
- To inspire young people who may be underperforming or disengaging in education, by acting as good role models and using core values from a military ethos (self-discipline, confidence and teamwork).
- To develop and deliver the programme in an enjoyable, engaging and productive manner.
- To provide out of school activities as part of the BTEC Level 1 curriculum e.g. volunteering, navigation, challenge pursuits.
- To encourage learners to get involved with uniformed youth organisations by taking them along to local community-based groups at least once per term.
- To work independently and responsibly.
- To engage with a wide variety of stakeholders including learners, parents, teachers and work colleagues.
- Good written and spoken English i.e. the ability to read and interpret written tasks and to write in an academic style.
- The ability to work with young people who display challenging behaviour.
- First Aid qualification.
- Challenge pursuit qualifications.
- Full and clean driving licence and access to own transport.
- Must be employable within the London Borough of Croydon
- Willing to work occasional evenings.
Ref: 13187_1502793560 | Published: 15th Aug 2017