Job Title: HSE Manager (Ex- Military candidates only)
Location: Manchester or Newcastle & involves North wide travel
Salary: £40000 - 45000 per annum
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 8.00am - 17.00
Our Client is a FORTUNE 500 company with estimated revenues of approximately $7.5B.They are a leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services.
They employ approximately 34,000 highly skilled professionals working at over 75 companies in 170 locations.
The HSE Manager is responsible for the development and provision of regulatory advice, guidance and support to the company and their Clients.
- To implement the company and clients corporate strategy for Health and Safety assurance.
- To support the Regional and Site Managers with the management of Health, Safety and Environment throughout the clients UK portfolio and undertake accident investigations.
- To measure performance against the company and their client's H&S policy and identify good practice and areas for improvement where required.
- Liaise with other H&S manager (North) and dedicated Asbestos/L8 Manager to ensure statutory compliance at all times and adhere to H&S & Compliance contract KPI's/SLA's
- To support in the preparation of HSE & Compliance reporting for the client as required and effective interface with client H&S team including joint audits.
- To support the Account Director and central H&S/Compliance team in delivering excellence through the company.
- To ensure the delivery of HSE services as per the FM contract scope
- Undertake audits across the whole of the scope of FM service delivery.
- Ensure all services are delivered with the client & company's policies and procedures.
- Support the Facilities Managers, M&E Contract Managers and Account Director to effectively co-ordinate the service
- Establish annual local activity compliance programmes; to include audits, inspections, document reviews
- Ensure the promotion of awareness of client requirements throughout the team
- Ensure qualifies for and maintains ISO registrations required in respect of systems
- Ensure site and supplier risk assessments are complete, appropriate and reviewed appropriately.
- Develop and implement control measures to mitigate potential risks and ensure staffs are trained to understand hazards. Represent the account at relevant forums, Company and Client
- Drive safety leadership and behavioural safety and up-hold the core values of the company, the client and Safety First, Second Nature.
- NEBOSH Diploma/ NVQ 5/ Degree (or equivalent) in Occupational Health & Safety Management
- Grad IOSH level or equivalent (with a desire to achieve Chartered status)
- ISO approved auditor
- Qualification in Environmental Management
- Educated to degree (or equivalent) level in management, facilities
- management, property or a quality related discipline
- Effective Communication
- Teamwork/Working With Others
- Know The Business & Market Place
- Quality Service Delivery
- Customer/Client Focus
- Planning To Achieve
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Operational People Management
- Process Management
- Commercial Awareness
- People Development
- Supplier Management
- Relationship Management
- 25 days annual leave
- Company Pension Scheme
- Family friendly benefits
Ref: 13224_1503414779 | Published: 22th Aug 2017