Foreman (Ex-Military Only)
Start Date: December 2015 / January 2016
Our Client provides a diverse range of specialist construction and engineering services across the UK. They are known for creating and maintaining assets for both public and private sector customers in the specialist sectors of rail and engineering.
Our Client has evolved through a combination of structured acquisition and organic growth into a 'contractor of choice'. Their business relationships are based on trust, mutual respect, best value, whole life costs and continuous improvement. They align their delivery capability to their clients' culture, values and business needs. Their aim is to help their clients achieve their strategic business objectives.
Our Client offers a 'cradle to grave' service which includes feasibility, optioneering, design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance. They are experienced in working on live assets. These include rail, power generation, electricity distribution, clean water, flood defence and waterways.
Our Client delivers nationally but are organised regionally; their collaborative customer-focused style and record of successful delivery results in regular repeat business.
They are a keen supporter of Ex-Forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
Responsible for the safe and effective delivery of the works under their control by ensuring:
- That the relevant site resources i.e. labour, plant, materials and subcontractors are effectively and efficiently deployed and managed.
- The development and maintenance of positive relationships with all parties associated with the contract.
- The maximisation of profit through effective cost/value management.
- That both our client and their client's expectations regarding safety, quality, programme and budget are achieved and wherever possible, exceeded.
- The creation and maintenance of a positive company image at all times.
The key tasks and responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the Health, Safety and Welfare of employees and others under their direct control through compliance with the requirements of the Supervisors Health and Safety Responsibility Statement (HSRS xxx)
- Ensuring that all company and client Health &Safety and Environmental initiatives are effectively implemented
- The reporting of any unsafe practices
- The promotion of a continuous improvement culture and the use of best practice.
- The effective leadership, supervision, utilisation and monitoring of Direct and Subcontract Labour Force
- Delivery of works within programme and to budget, ensuring that the works are executed in accordance with the requirements of:
- All applicable legislation
- The Terms and Conditions of the contract
- The Contract Health and Safety Plan
- The Contract Quality / Environmental Plan
- The Network Rail approved Works Package Plans and Task Briefing Sheets
- The approved Construction Drawings and Specification
- The Policies and Procedures contained within the Company Business Management System
- Ensuring that Quality standards are achieved and are 'right first time'
- The continuous monitoring of the progress of the works to ensure contract objectives are being met
- Ensuring that, changes to the scope of works are identified, agreed, implemented and effectively managed
- Ensuring that robust records are maintained i.e. diaries, allocation sheets, plant etc
- The provision of formal reports on progress to the Project Manager/Site Agent
- Ensuring that all relevant issues, which cannot be resolved at site level, are passed for the attention of the Project Manager / Site Agent
- The identification and implementation of training needs for directly employed operatives employees under their control
- Previous experience of the Rail Sector is advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- IT literate with intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel
Education / Qualifications
- Educational/Professional Qualifications:
- Trade Qualification/Apprenticeship
- Minimum 5 years compensating experience (evidenced through documented reference)
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management
- COSS Non-Technical Development Training
- CSCS Requirements:
- Minimum Site Supervisor Level
- H&S Requirements:
- Minimum CITB 2 day Site Supervisors Safety Training Certificate
Ref: 12972 | Published: 04th Jan 2016