Salary: £24,000 - £25,000 plus Car and Fuel Card
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a leading provider of solutions and services that solve transport, lighting, infrastructure and telecommunication problems across the Urban and Inter Urban environments. They are part of a global technical services provider, with a turnover in excess of €4bn and circa 23,000 employees.
Our Client is a keen supporter of ex-forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
The purpose of an Electrical Engineer is to install and maintain a wide variety of equipment to the customer's specifications and ensure contractual obligations, terms and conditions are met.
- To maintain and / or commission all aspects of the Urban portfolio.
- Represent the companies best interests at all times.
- Ensure all routine and reactive work is carried out in line with contractual conditions.
- Assist in maintaining Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental accreditations.
- Maintaining and commissioning all aspects of the Urban portfolio to a high standard and the customer's specifications.
- To ensure that all your PPE is safe complete and being correctly used / worn.
- Ensure your vehicle, tools, spares and equipment to be used is in a safe and useable condition.
- Carrying out maintenance works 24/7 (including standby) avoiding rebates.
- Ensure you are aware of the contract you are working on, customer details and project scope prior to starting.
- Work sheets and time sheets are completed accurately and submitted on time.
To be considered for the Electrical Engineer role you should be ex-military and have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- GCSE's in English, Maths & Sciences. Sector 8 Accreditation (including NRSWA, G39, ECS).
- HNC or ONC in electrical / electronic subjects.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- Understanding of traffic signal site installation and basic theory.
- Knowledge of traffic controllers and equipment.
- Experience working in a similar role in the sector.
- Knowledge of other manufacturers controllers and equipment.
- Ability to work on own.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Use of computers (Word/Excel).
- Well organised.
- Full driving licence.
- Safety awareness.
- Safe manual handling skills.
Ref: 13085 | Published: 25th Jul 2016