Location: Hemel Hemstead
Salary: £8.20 per hour (£21,320 for 50 hours) - Increase after successful completion of 3 month probation period
Our client is a successful and profitable multi-channel convenience retailer. They are a continually changing and growing modern organisation, but one thing will always remain the same - the value they place on customer service. They have achieved success by listening to their customers and accommodating their needs by being flexible, personal and thoroughly professional retailers
To support the Driver in safely and efficiently loading, unloading and delivering goods to locations on a specified route, as directed by the Company.
To support the distribution centre when required to do so in the following areas:
- Inbound Stock manifests
- Pick and pack operation
- Integrity/stock count
- Carrier Loading
Main duties and responsibilities
Health & Safety
- Support and assist the Driver in complying with all safety related regulations and company instructions and act on the drivers instructions when required to do so
- Comply with health and safety legislation and company requirements at all times.
- Complete Health and Safety training when required.
- Exercise a duty of care to colleagues, customers and any site visitors
- Wear and use any PPE provided to you by the Company
- Use any equipment provided in accordance with the instructions and health and safety guidelines
- Behave courteously and professionally to colleagues, customers and site visitors at all times
Driver Support & Deliveries
- Ensure all loads are delivered in a timely and efficient manner with 100% of items on the delivery delivered to the specified location
- Ensure load/deliveries are secured after each delivery before moving vehicle
- Load and unload Stock/Product in line with Company Health and Safety guidelines and in accordance with the delivery planning schedule and with the Manual Handling regulations and Company guidelines
- Leave the cab to guide and warn the Driver when any reversing manoeuvres take place, and when any other manoeuvres are carried out if there is restricted space or visibility
- Be responsible for the keys, alarm codes and fobs of stores that are delivered to at night.
- Use and record seals on the shutters as appropriate.
- Ensure the site is properly secured as required by the Company.
- Report any issues promptly and accurately
Distribution Centre Support
- Work within the processes set up in Distribution Centre to ensure that the need for store and/or customer contact is reduced by accurate loading, picking and packing
- Work carefully and accurately to minimise damage to products
- Load and unload vehicles
- Pick stock for stores and/or individual customers
- Pack stock for stores and/or individual customers
- Sort cages or totes for designated routes
- Complete all documentation and/or operating scanning equipment when required to do so
- Work smart to minimise any delays relating to the fulfilment of orders and help in resolving any issues to the mutual satisfaction of the customer and business.
- Carry out general housekeeping duties within the site, including ensuring all facilities are kept clean and tidy.
- Take due care and consideration when packing stock into cages, avoid breakages and always give consideration to the person unloading the cage at the store.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested
- Ensure the efficient and accurate completion of paperwork and documentation in line with Company procedures and timescales.
Skills and Experience
- Stable employment history with previous distribution centre/drivers mate experience
- Able to multi-task, and strive to ensure that any task undertaken is carried out efficiently and be 100% accurate
- Available to work overtime as and when required.
- Willing to train as a Driver
Ref: 12865 | Published: 18th Nov 2014