DRIVER - (Nights, Class 1)
Location: Hemel Hemstead
Salary: Nights Class 1 - £29,952
Our client is a successful and profitable multi-channel convenience retailer. They are a continually changing and growing modern organisation, but one thing will always remain the same - the value they place on customer service. They have achieved success by listening to their customers and accommodating their needs by being flexible, personal and thoroughly professional retailers.
To safely and efficiently load and deliver goods to locations on a specified route, as directed by the Company. To assist in the distribution centre when required to do so.
Main duties and responsibilities
Health & Safety
- Comply with health and safety legislation and company requirements at all times
- Complete Health and Safety training when required.
- Exercise a duty of care to colleagues, customers and other road users
- Wear and use any PPE provided to you by the Company
- Use any equipment provided in accordance with the instructions and health and safety guidelines
- Behave courteously and professionally to colleagues customers and members of the public at all times
- Ensure all loads are delivered in a timely and efficient manner with 100% of items on the delivery delivered to the specified location
- Ensure load/deliveries are secured after each delivery before moving vehicle
- Comply with all duties and responsibilities in line with Road Safety Law and guidelines
- Inspect the vehicle before any delivery run and report any defects, health and safety or concerns before use.
- Ensure all routine and non-routine maintenance of commercial vehicles are completed within the required time frame.
- Responsible for adhering to working hours related legislation including documentation and for taking the correct rest breaks
- Ensure all vehicles are presented for tachographs to be downloaded and recorded in accordance with the Law.
- Park the vehicle in a designated safe area overnight, ensuring all doors and shutters are secured.
- Clean the inside of the cab and exterior of the vehicle weekly
- Ensure vehicle is fuelled up and has sufficient oil and Ad Blu.
- Monitor fuel usage
- Ensure the efficient and accurate completion of paperwork and documentation in line with Company procedures and timescales.
- Ensure the correct and accurate reporting of any incidents/accidents relating to Transport operations are forwarded to the appropriate person/persons
- Load and unload Stock/Product in line with Company Health and Safety guidelines and in accordance with the delivery planning schedule and with the Manual Handling regulations and Company guidelines
- Be responsible for the keys, alarm codes and fobs of stores that are delivered to at night.
- Use and record seals on the shutters as appropriate.
- Ensure the site is properly secured as required by the Company.
- Report any issues promptly and accurately
- Assist in the Distribution Centre as required
- Liaise between the Transport and Warehouse functions, and the stores, where required
You will report to the Transport Supervisor/Manager. You should have excellent customer service skills and a real 'can do' attitude. You will need outstanding time management skills and a good eye for detail to ensure accurate loading and deliveries.
Must hold all required driving licences, medical certificates and training/competency qualifications at all times
Ref: 12863 | Published: 26th Jan 2015