Job Title: Courseware Design Specialist (Ex- Military preferred)
Reporting to: Training Manager - TTS Design & Development
Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Other details: This position is unaccompanied
Start date: ASAP
Our Client provides some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Their wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Our Client serves the needs of our customers by delivering a wide range of advanced defence, aerospace and security solutions that provide a technological and performance edge. They work together with local partners to engineer, manufacture, and develop the innovations that sustain economies, increase defence sovereignty and safeguard commercial interests.
The Job Holder is directly responsible to the Training Manager -TTS Design and Development. The Courseware Design Specialist will lead a courseware development team of Instructional Designers and Specialist Subject Matter Experts. The job holder will work closely with the Curriculum Lead Technical and focus on developing training materials in accordance with the design requirements of the TTS.
The Job Holder will be a key member of the TSS Design and Development Team and will be required to assist in the management of change within the Technical Studies departments and support the effective transition from the current approach to technical training to the Future Training curriculum.
- Educated to Bachelor Degree or equivalent standard, or hold appropriate military qualifications.
- A recognised formal instructor qualification
- English Language ability to IELTS 6.0 or equivalent achieved within the last 2 years for non-native speakers
- Expert knowledge of Systems Approach to Training (SAT) or Instructional Systems Development (ISD) Preferred working knowledge of RSAF Specialty Training Standards (STS), Curriculum Design and Development processes and procedures
- Minimum 2 Years teaching/Instructional experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of configuration management
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance activities
- Ability to establish, maintain and grow relationships with various levels within the organisation
- Experience in managing personnel in a training environment
- Be able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work fast and effectively to meet deadlines
- Appropriate experience in the development, management and delivery of academic education and training programmes preferably in a military training environment.
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with external qualification bodies.
- IT literate, commercially aware and able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
The job-holder will be accountable to the Training Manager -TTS Design and Development for the following:
- Provide expert guidance to the team during the building of new courseware
- Provide support in the engagement and management of the TSI RSAF customer to develop an understanding of the local expectations as they relate to current and future management and delivery of academic and technical training
- Provide quality assurance of instructional products to ensure compliance with agreed delivery standards
- Effectively conceptualise, design and create engaging courseware
- Use best practices for design to ensure standardised, functional and well-designed multimedia components are incorporated in the courseware
- Review all multimedia requests to ensure requirements are understood and initiate any clarification questions
- Support to the necessary project Engineering Life Cycle (ELC) and Life Cycle Management (LCM) reviews to schedule
- Support the process of identifying and assessing project risks as they relate to the courseware design aspects of the TTS
- Co-ordinate and develop, as necessary, regular reports as required by the Training Manager -TTS Design and Development
- Guide Instruction Designers and Subject Matter Experts to develop innovative, creative and engaging courseware design concepts in accordance with company and client branding
- Review and co-ordinate rework from courseware Designers.
- Training and mentoring of all Design and Development staff in SAT process.
- Implementation of toolsets that support and govern the design process.
- Prioritise tasks and allocate resources to meet fixed deadlines
- Provide expert guidance to Instruction Designers and SME's on the implementation and management of the Systems Approach to Training (SAT) processes as it relates to their courseware and the design process
The job-holder will take direction and support from Training Manager -TTS Design and Development in discharging the above responsibilities to satisfy project timescales and customer expectations.
Ref: 13205_1531319775 | Published: 11th Jul 2018