Job Title: Commercial Manager (Ex- Military preferred)
Reporting to: Senior Commercial Manager
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Other details: This position is unaccompanied
Start date: ASAP
Our Client provides some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Their wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Our Client serves the needs of our customers by delivering a wide range of advanced defence, aerospace and security solutions that provide a technological and performance edge. They work together with local partners to engineer, manufacture, and develop the innovations that sustain economies, increase defence sovereignty and safeguard commercial interests.
As a Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for managing all the contracting activities of the company, providing guidance and appropriate training on commercial, contractual and legal issues to influence and facilitate effective business decision making across the business.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to lead the management and negotiation of commercial agreements to meet business needs and to manage business risk and opportunities
- Lead the preparation of proposals, ensuring that commercial risks and opportunities are identified and managed appropriately.
- Drafting and negotiating agreements, terms and conditions and managing both pre and post contract award activities.
- Support and implement pricing and payment strategies and policies in assigned areas, in accordance with all relevant company requirements and procedures.
- Lead contract/subcontract negotiations with all relevant parties to facilitate the smooth and successful conclusion of negotiations.
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers to ensure the effective management of business agreements.
- Lead, develop and motivate any assigned staff to ensure they are aware of and capable of delivering their responsibilities
- Management of all customer contracts, ensuring that work is performed in accordance with the contractual scope of work, other contractual requirements and compliant with Life Cycle Management (LCM).
- Liaising with and providing commercial guidance and support to Project and other functions within the company, including responding to commercial queries on a daily basis.
- Assist senior management in liaison with high level customer and sub-contractor contacts.
- Providing an innovative approach to ensuring appropriate flow down of commercial/contract terms to supply base ensuring a balance between cost and risk.
- Developing and maintaining commercial procedures and policies, ensuring the Company's commercial activities operate within a robust framework, supporting improved business effectiveness within the organisation.
- Relevant degree or equivalent and c. 7+ years commercial experience.
- Extensive knowledge of business unit financial/ commercial policies.
- A good working knowledge of the business unit approach to Life Cycle Management.
- Extensive experience in a commercial role with experience of reporting up to Senior Management Level.
- Demonstrable experience in assessing, drafting and managing a range of contractual arrangements within a commercial environment.
- Demonstrable experience in pricing with a thorough understanding of cost estimating.
- Ability to formulate and prepare proposals for ultimate submission to customer/s.
- Proven negotiation skills and strong knowledge of contractual terms and conditions.
- Typically Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) or accredited by the International Association for Contracts and Commercial Management (IACCM) or equivalent
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal direction.
- Proven team leadership experience would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable you to build and support relationships with customers and partners.
- A logical approach to business operations and a flexible approach to work, with a desire and willingness to learn and develop. You will be able to work effectively, both as part of a team and independently.
Ref: 13216_1502285912 | Published: 09th Aug 2017