Broadband Installation Engineer (Ex-Military Only)
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Salary: £20,000 - £21,000 plus company vehicle and mobile phone (Plus Overtime with an OTE of £25,000 to £30,000)
Working Days: Tuesday to Saturday
Start date: ASAP
Our client established their business by servicing the rapidly expanding post-war telecommunications industry. New sectors such as gas and water were soon added to the portfolio. Over the years, our client has continued to embrace and then adapt to, innovate and deliver in new sectors.
Our client currently employs 1,400 people who work on multi-utility projects as well as in sectors such as gas, power, telecommunications, rail, civil engineering, mechanical and electrical and, most recently, renewables in the shape of wind farm development.
Our Client is a keen supporter of ex-forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
The role of a Broadband Installation Engineer is:
- To install products including Broadband, Digital TV & Telephony services to customers, in accordance within company standards.
The main responsibilities of a Broadband Installation Engineer are:
- Install customers' services in a professional manner
- Ensure the services are operating to the customers' satisfaction & support with understanding services where necessary
- Ordering efficiently and managing daily routes, whilst keeping customers up to date with installation progress and estimated arrival and completion times.
- Complete work within a timely manner and ensure professionalism at all times
- Ensure work meets all applicable technical and operational quality standards & audit own work regularly
- Able to work unsupervised using own initiative and able to demonstrate an ability to resolve difficult situations
- Respond effectively and appropriately to all customer requests and enquiries
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of Health and Safety and comply with relevant polices
- Have experience of working with hand and power tools
- Flexibility to work outside core working hours
To be considered for the Broadband Installation Engineer role you should have served in the British Armed Forces and have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Relevant City and Guilds or NVQ qualification and solid relevant experience
- Previous experience of installing products within the telecommunications and Digital TV industry
- Clear CRB
- Confident and able to work unsupervised.
- Build confidence and competence through the application of instruction and training.
- Understand knowledge level and when further clarification is required.
- Basic computer skills, as you will be using a hand-held PDA, however full training will be provided
- Good communication.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Team player.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Starter / finisher.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Willing to work outside contractual hours if required
Ref: 13046 | Published: 18th May 2016