|Job Title||Training Instructor Supervisor Armament|
|Job Published||19 days ago|
The Training Instructor Supervisor – Armament, will be responsible for the supervision and delivery of both theoretical and practical training, relating to Typhoon Type, specialist and support training, and assessing trainee performance and evaluating the efficacy of the training system. Formal Training will occur within the Qatar Typhoon Training Facility (QTTF) augmented by mentored training within the operational environment. The role also includes the day-to-day supervision and allocation of Training Instructors against instructional and mentoring duties, and ensuring that all courses are appropriately staffed and resourced.
Key aspects of the Training Instructor Supervisor – Armament, role includes:
- Act as the subject matter and curriculum lead for your maintenance technician area, including the supervision, coaching and mentoring of Training Instructors.
- Supervision of the Training Instructors and taking part in the preparation and delivery of the allocated course in accordance with the authorised Syllabus, and associated materials, in line with the training schedule within the Training Management Information System (TMIS).
- Supervision of the Training Instructors or nominated personnel for the invigilation and marking of examinations and assessments.
- Supervision of the Training Instructors and taking part in the continuous assessment, evaluation and reporting of trainee progress.
- Coordinate the aircraft and equipment required for your courses.
- Supervision of the Training Instructors and taking part in ensuring that trainees use appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and observe safety precautions and procedures during practical training.
Supervision of the Training Instructors and taking part in ensuring that equipment pre-use checks are carried out and associated approved data is available before training commences.
- Supervision of the Training Instructors and taking part in ensuring that training is conducted safely and that training areas, including training aids, classrooms, workshops and ground instructional / operational aircraft are left in a safe condition.
- Supervision of the Training Instructors and taking part in the maintenance of discipline of your allocated trainees at all times; this includes break times and during changeover between training areas.
- Supervision of the Training Instructors and taking part in the reporting of trainee absences to your Training Manager.
- Monitoring and verifying the quality and accuracy of instruction and assessment of your Training Instructor subject knowledge and skills.
- Development and maintenance of your own and the competencies of the Training Instructors.
- Maintain close liaison with QTTF personnel and ensure the upholding of processes relating to Planning, Standards and Compliance and Exam Management.
- Actively commit to continuous improvement as an integral part of the primary duties by identifying and reporting course deficiencies (omissions and/or inaccuracies) and improvements to the training system and materials to the Training Manager.
- Deputise for and/or carry out any other duties determined by Training Manager.
Possess a Training Qualification at Level 3 or above e.g. Level 3 Award in Education & Training, Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training, Level 5 Diploma in Education &
Possess a minimum recognised qualification to NVQ3/ONC level in a relevant aircraft maintenance discipline, or suitable equivalent.
Recent in-depth experience, to a level appropriate for their role, within a Maintenance & Support environment (typically a minimum of 5 years), including direct experience of supporting Training activities.
Understands the Regulatory Framework and its applicability to the training system, processes and activities.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience of supervising and delivering aircraft Type training and having operational knowledge and understanding of instructional delivery and mentoring activities, and the associated business’ key performance metrics.
Undertakes a range of work requiring a professional understanding of Training structures and processes.
Experienced generalist applies understanding within and across a professional area of knowledge, including how solutions are developed and implemented. Self-sufficient in all common aspects of Training.
Undertakes the more complex professional work of an area, provides a service to the Training team.
Basic salary plus additional benefits