Job Title: Corporate Security Officer
Location: Victoria and London Waterloo
Salary: £14 per hour + benefits
Our client is a well-known business who provide a range of customer-centric solutions through workplace transformation, integrated facilities management, project solutions, data-led asset management services and carbon reduction.
They have a track record of success in some of the most complex and regulated workplaces in the UK - delivering services to industry sectors including life sciences, defence, nuclear, hi-tech manufacturing and central government.
For both soft and hard services, they bring together the best experts, processes and technologies, to create long-lasting high-value solutions that not only enables their customers to work better, but also offers a better place for their people to work.
Our client helps their customers transform their workplace by supporting the delivery of: effective safety and assurance solutions, integrating social value into your organisation and helping customers to embed authentic Equality, Diversity and Inclusion solutions whilst also supporting in developing goals that will genuinely contribute towards individual wellbeing and a carbon neutral world.
They have a deep understanding of the dynamic relationship that exists between people, organisational culture and workplace, all of which has never been more relevant than now. Collaboration, in a world that faces so many major challenges that impact their people and planet, is our way to ensuring they secure a sustainable future for all.
Our client's purpose is, quite simply, to create a better world at work for everyone.
The Corporate Security Officer role will be to carry out daily tasks specifically set out by the Security Management team to an exceptionally high level.
This will include protecting the clients' business interests to create a safe and secure working environment for all visitors/staff.
This role is highly visible and subject to scrutiny due to the high profile and nature of the customers business.
- The Corporate Security Officer will display excellent situational awareness that is conducive to a high-end corporate environment.
- Facilitate access/egress to the client's estate whilst maintaining a high level of client facing and customer service skills.
- Plan for and provide escorts for VIP visitors, liaising with Supervisors and Managers.
- Ensure the front of house is always staffed.
- Be aware of protest and demonstration activity and respond/escalate as appropriate.
- To actively take part in assisting staff, guests and contractors, regarding passing them information, giving direction or responding to queries that are raised, to a high standard.
- To be fully conversant with all SOPs, assignment instructions, post notes and our clients and their customers procedures.
- Incident reports are to be completed to a high standard.
- Will be required to work in a security control room (CCTV), front of house, internal and external patrols and any other posts as required.
- The Corporate Security Team must ensure that client confidentiality is always fully respected.
- Always display your SIA licence whilst on duty.
- Submit reports as instructed by the Security Management Team or Shift Supervisor.
- To positively participate in any staff welfare or development programmes and to actively engage in any mandatory training.
- Carry out any other reasonable request as required by the Client/Security Supervisor/Security Management Team/Security Administrator.
- Actively take part in exercising/testing scenarios and business continuity testing in cooperation with our client
- Attend and successfully complete mandatory training.
- The Corporate Security Officer is expected to comply with and demonstrate a positive commitment to a high level of customer service, professional presentation and confidentiality throughout the course of their employment.
- You may be required to carry out duties other than those specified.
- SIA Licence required - DS & CCTV.
- Corporate Security and/or Front of House experience for at least 2 years an advantage.
- Experience of working in a high-profile environment.
- Experience of working for a customer in the public eye with a high level of scrutiny.
- Able to demonstrate a knowledge of dealing with multiple types of security incidents i.e. Protester activity, building intrusion, drone activity
- Ex forces/Concierge experience would be an advantage.
- Will be required to work days, nights, weekends and have the flexibility to change due to operational needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have an excellent command of the English Language & competent IT Skills.
- Reliable, punctual and approachable.
- To take pride in your appearance always, ensuring immaculate presentation.
- Flexible in the approach to daily duties and additional events when held on site.
- Will be required to attend mandatory training as directed by our client.
- Achieve vetting status to HMG CTC/SC according to business needs and agreement with the client.
ADDITIONAL FACTORS RELEVANT TO THE JOB
- Will be required to work on a shift pattern e.g. 4 on 4 off (days, nights and weekends).
- Will be required to travel within London to work at various customer sites.
- Corporate Security Officers will be required to attend 8 mandatory training days per annum.
Ref: J2CSOEUK_1678207343 | Published: 07th Mar 2023