|Job Title||Bid Manager|
|Contract Type||Permanent full-time|
|Job Published||19 days ago|
Lead the bid team and ensure clients are provided with properly constructed commercial and technical submissions to an industry leading standard. This will involve you chairing bid meetings and briefing the team, liaising closely with the client team as well as our internal subject matter experts and ensuring bids are completed on time complying with Kilnbridge’s’ policies.
Formulate and agree bid strategy with Preconstruction Director to secure profitable orders (to achieve bid targets as required by the business)
Form relationships with the clients or their representatives to develop clear understanding of their requirements.
Responsible for the establishment, management, and maintenance of the approved bid budget.
Oversee and lead the preparation, coordination, and delivery of presentations to customers as required, to successfully secure project.
Oversee the establishment, production, and implementation of bid management processes, including the following activities:
o Compile tender settlement documentation.
o Bid management plans.
o Bid programmes
o Decisions on major supply chain partners (if required);
Liaison with supply chain members to formulate aspects of the bid offer.
Written technical, legal and financial contributions to bids.
Document control and register of clarification responses.
Record proceedings of meetings.
Carry out customer intelligence gathering.
Have full knowledge of the tender requirements ensuring compliance in all respects of bid deliverable.
Be aware of company best practice and innovation within bids across the business stream.
Lead the presentation of Tender Settlement meetings to obtain approvals.
Lead the handover of secured projects.
Skills (Hard Skills & Soft Skills):
· Degree Qualified
· IT Literate in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
· Membership of a relevant professional body, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/MICE/MIStructE is desirable.
· Knowledge of CANDY or similar estimating software.
· High level of literacy and mathematics.
· Must have an exceptional eye for detail.
· Must be able to work to tight deadlines, on multiple bids and maintain accuracy under pressure.
Must understand the construction tender process.
Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm, ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Good interpersonal skills; polite; professional; positive manner.
· Experience in preconstruction and tendering.
· Document Control experience.
· Experience in managing a team.
· On-site construction experience
Behaviours: These are qualities, attributes, attitudes or personality traits.
· Ability to remain calm under pressure.
· Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with clients and colleagues.
· Assertiveness and confidence to stop any operations that appear unsafe or contrary to good engineering practice.
· Willingness and a proven ability in developing and mentoring others.
· Embrace and promote the company’s Leadership and Teamwork behaviours:
o Foster open and honest communication: - ask for; listen to; obtain feedback.
o Create and track collaborative goals
o Celebrate success and share the team’s successes with the company at large
o Allow team members to problem solve
o Identify requirements and obtain adequate resources and training for the team and yourself, identify room for advancement and support team members towards excellence.
o Keep yourself accountable
o Show empathy
o Build strong one-on-one relationshipsBuild and maintain respect