Role: Weighbridge Trainer/ Auditor
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
One of the leading waste management services companies in the UK, recycling and treating millions of tonnes of household, commercial and industrial waste.
Our client's core business centres on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. To make our skills and expertise easily accessible to our customers, our business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services - household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance.
- Business waste solutions -waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies.
- Recycling - material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centres.
- Green energy -recovery of energy from waste.
- Waste Processing -industrial waste treatment, hazardous wastes and landfill disposal.
They operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
All employees to take care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions. Additionally, employees must also co-operate with the company to enable it to discharge its own responsibilities successfully.
Responsible for delivering Training to site staff to operate the weighbridge as per legislation, company policies and procedures.
Responsible for performing waste acceptance audits.
- Responsible for his/her personal safety and that of all personnel under his or her authority, including others who may be affected by the company's activities. In particular:
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
- If aware of any unsafe practice or condition, or if in any doubt about the safety of any
- Ensure that all guards are securely fixed and that all safety equipment and personal protective clothing/equipment provided are used.
- Not to operate any plant or equipment unless authorised.
- To report any accident, near-miss, dangerous occurrence or dangerous condition to their line management.
- To switch off and secure unattended plant or equipment.
- To avoid improvised arrangements and suggest safe ways of eliminating hazards.
- Not to participate in horseplay or place fellow employees in danger by their actions.
- Adopt a proactive manner to energy usage and suggest ways of improving energy performance.
- To train weighbridge operators to operate the weighbridge systems in accordance with the Duty of Care regulations, Hazardous Waste Regulations, HMRC requirements, waste management permit and Group policies & procedures, and maintain reliable, adequate and accurate records thereof
- To identify skills gaps with personnel performing waste acceptance procedures, including waste sampling where applicable.
- To audit weighbridge operations to ensure compliance with waste acceptance procedures, waste sampling procedures, landfill tax regulations, waste management permit, duty of care regulations and company policies and procedures.
- To report to the site management any breach of rules, act of dishonesty, malpractice or corruption by any member of the public, visitor to the site, or member of staff.
- Use the learning management system to track training and development activity
- Evaluate training and development programmes on a regular basis to ensure that the courses remain fit for purpose.
- Help line management and operators solve specific training issues and problems where appropriate.
- Ensure that equality and diversity is considered in your training delivery and any internal course creation.
- Ensure that the group expenses policy is adhered to;
- Ensure you maintain up-to-date knowledge on the subject areas taught
- Carry out other tasks as required by the training team line management
Qualifications and experience
- Experience of waste acceptance procedure
- Experience in operating a weighbridge in the Waste Management industry.
- Ability to learn and implement new concepts and ideas.
- Ideally PTLLS qualified.
- Ideally have audit experience
- Good Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook knowledge
- Waste acceptance procedure, landfill tax knowledge
- Hold a current driving License
Ref: 13264_1522770833 | Published: 03th Apr 2018