To carry out scheduled servicing and maintenance of the Tractor Unit and Trailer Fleet in a professional and competent manner.
- Ensuring vehicles are maintained to a safe and roadworthy standard to both VOSA and Company requirements.
- To ensure that the relevant sections of all inspection/service and defect sheets are completed in compliance with 'O' Licence obligations, and that all spares requests and time books are completed daily.
- To maintain a safe working practice that complies with current Safety and Partnership Regulations.
- To be aware of best practice and current commercial vehicle repair techniques.
- To ensure that high quality repairs are carried out in a cost-effective manner and that the use of spare parts and consumables reflect the level of work carried out.
- To ensure that all working areas are kept clean and tidy, that walkways and fire exits are kept clear, and that a high standard of Health and Safety is maintained within the workshop.
- To assist in specific duties and projects as directed.
- To keep abreast of developments within the motor industry and take note of any changes which may affect the successful operation of the workshop.
- To carry out servicing and repairs on the CV fleet.
- To ensure that all relevant Inspection/service, job cards and defect documentation is filled in correctly and signed off accordingly.
- To take ownership of personal development seeking assistance and guidance from team leaders
- To account for own time, to be pro-active and efficient when working within the workshop.
- To work as part of the team and assist others where required.
- Carrying out servicing, repairs and maintenance on vehicles as presented.
Ref: T8/JS/13456_1635768803 | Published: 01th Nov 2021