Job title: Typhoon Oxygen Shop Technician
Location: Taif, Saudi Arabia
Start date: ASAP
Our Client provides some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Their wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Our Client serves the needs of our customers by delivering a wide range of advanced defence, aerospace and security solutions that provide a technological and performance edge. They work together with local partners to engineer, manufacture, and develop the innovations that sustain economies, increase defence sovereignty and safeguard commercial interests.
Our client is the UK Government's nominated Prime Contractor (PC) under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons. For such maintenance and training, this role has responsibility for undertaking all fault diagnosis and remedial activities associated with scheduled or unscheduled Oxygen related maintenance tasks off aircraft in support of Typhoon Operations. These will be in accordance with the RSAF Typhoon maintenance policy, the relevant publications and the company's Maintenance Organisation Exposition.
- Carry out all engineering and maintenance activities within the scope of the Oxygen Shop
- Ensure all maintenance tasks are undertaken in accordance with approved maintenance procedures and processes
- Ensure all electronic data systems are utilised correctly
- Raise TPRFs against approved data
- Raise TQs for any Oxygen related anomalies
- Complete Induction to ensure authorised and competent to work on Oxygen equipment as required
- Ensure adherence to correct engineering practices, observe safety precautions and that as far as is reasonably practicable ensure that no one else is exposed to any unnecessary or uncontrolled risk
- Assist the Supervisor to ensure that all equipment operated within the shop is in good working condition and any necessary calibration activities are scheduled and conducted to ensure maintenance tasks can be achieved when required.
- The embodiment of all Technical Instructions and Modifications of all components maintained within the shop.
- Comply with Health and Safety including, knowledge of COSHH and Risk assessments and following appropriate safety precautions and warning posters relating to the maintenance activities and handling within the shop area of operation.
- Ensure all components within the Oxygen Shop are correctly stored and packaged and that all shop maintained items that are to leave the shop or move location are correctly prepared and packaged for transit
- Ensure that all tool kits are maintained in accordance with the regulatory framework and ensuring that test equipment is maintained and calibrated within specified limits.
- Ensure good husbandry practices are implemented
- Ensure FOD control measures are implemented
- Coaching, training, mentoring and knowledge transfer to company's and RSAF personnel as required.
- Undertake the responsibilities of the Oxygen Shop Supervisor in his absence
- Complete any other reasonable duties or requests that are made by your line management or depth management team.
- The supervision of the RSAF OJT and Consolidation training programme in support of Saudisation.
- Must be educated to HNC level or recognised equivalent or have relevant experience supported by formal, recorded workplace applied related training
- Must have completed a recognised aircraft engineering apprenticeship or similar qualification in military aircraft airframe engineering and/or repair
- Must have completed Aircraft Type Specific training on Third or Fourth Generation military fast jet aircraft in an Airframe discipline
- Extensive post qualification experience of military fast jet maintenance support, at a Technician level within an operational military flying environment
- Comprehensive experience in an Airframe discipline on a Fourth Generation military fast jet aircraft
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of aircraft oxygen and environmental control systems
- Previous Typhoon aircraft system knowledge would be advantageous.
- Completion of formal training, manufacturers' courses or previous experience in the maintenance of aircraft oxygen and associated gaseous equipment systems desirable
- Previous experience in aircraft component repair and overhaul including fault diagnosis, servicing and maintenance of assemblies and sub-assemblies
- Specific area of aircraft environmental control systems, oxygen and/or gaseous system components and breakdown parts are highly desirable.
The post holder will have the following background:
- An understanding of engineering operating procedures
- Excellent understanding of the principles and component parts of the various systems utilised on modern jet aircraft, the experience of working with oxygen, environmental control and associated life support systems would be preferred
- Experience of working in the aviation industry in a Gulf Coast Country and particularly within Saudi Arabia would be an advantage
- A highly proactive individual with the ability to act upon his own initiative within the scope of his job to develop the oxygen shop operational capability
- A conscientious approach to work and meticulous attention to detail is also required
- A proven track record of meeting strict deadlines without compromising standards and quality.
Ref: 13342/001_1572859083 | Published: 04th Nov 2019