Job Title: Typhoon Mechanical Technician Supervisor
Our Client provides some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employs a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Their wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Our Client serves the needs of our customers by delivering a wide range of advanced defence, aerospace and security solutions that provide a technological and performance edge. They work together with local partners to engineer, manufacture, and develop the innovations that sustain economies, increase defence sovereignty and safeguard commercial interests.
Our client provides maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons. For such maintenance training, this role is responsible for carrying out Mechanical maintenance activities and supervising the consolidation training of assigned RSAF Technicians in support of the RSAF Typhoon Flying programme and generate aircraft to achieve the contracted Operational Ready Rates in accordance with best industry practice, company procedures, the Maintenance Organisation Exposition and the RSAF Regulatory Framework.
The job holder is responsible for the training and mentoring activities in respect to the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) employee
- Carrying out Mechanical maintenance activities including detailed troubleshooting and rectification
- Carrying out flight line duties as directed
- Raising TPRFs against approved data
- Assist with raising TQs for any aircraft related anomalies
- Support the work centre Supervisor in ensuring shift handovers are accurate
- Adhering to tool control procedures
- Adhering to the use of only approved data
- Carrying out good husbandry practices
- Provide 100% supervision to assigned RSAF Trainee Technicians at level 'A
- Provide and Supervise consolidation training and mentoring to assigned RSAF personnel leading to the award of 1st signature (Technician)
- Provide Training Guidance and mentoring of nominated RSAF personnel leading to the award of 2nd (Supervisor) signature
- Providing Supervisory 2nd Signature (over sign) for engineering and maintenance tasks carried out by the RSAF in support of consolidation training on operational aircraft
- Maintain accurate log books for the assigned RSAF technician
- Liaise with RSAF and PC management in order to identify any training opportunities or to highlight any potential training shortfalls
- Support the production of monthly progress reports to identify training progression
- Assist the training cell by providing additional training and supervision to RSAF and PC personnel (to include but not limited to) Flight Line servicing, aircraft tow duties etc
- Providing trade cover for the flight line hit team troubleshooting and fixing crew in faults
- Depending on experience, the post holder may be required to be authorised to undertake independent inspections of Safety Critical Systems (3rd Signature responsibility)
- Deputise for the work centre trade supervisor during periods of leave or absence
- Support Aircrew post Flight De-briefs as required
- Train RSAF personnel in the role of Supervisor. Maintaining the standards, ethics and culture of company in the development, delivery and support of approved and non-approved programmes.
- Must be educated to ONC/HNC level or recognised equivalent or have relevant experience supported by formal, recorded workplace applied related training
- Must have completed a recognised aircraft engineering apprenticeship in industry/military or similar qualification in aircraft systems
- Must have previous Typhoon Mechanical Systems experience with a formal 'Q' annotation
- Must have comprehensive proven post qualification experience of military fast jet maintenance support, within an operational military flying environment
- Good level of interpersonal skill and the ability to communicate, influence, deliver and supervise consolidation training to assigned RSAF personnel
- Previous Supervisory experience gained in a Military environment.
The post holder will have the following background:
- Ex-military or industry experience of serving on an operational military flying unit.
- Good working knowledge of the Typhoon Mechanical Systems.
- Experience of working in the aviation industry in a Gulf Coast Country preferred.
- The ability to act upon his own initiative within the scope of his job.
- A conscientious approach to work and meticulous attention to detail is also required.
- Previous experience of conducting On-the-Job training activities would be advantageous
- Ability to deliver and supervise consolidation training activities to engineering personnel.
- A track record of meeting strict deadlines without compromising standards and quality.
Ref: 13273/001_1534956091 | Published: 22th Aug 2018