Job title: Typhoon Air Electrical & Battery Shop Technician
Location: Taif, Saudi Arabia
Start date: ASAP
Our Client provides some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Their wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Our Client serves the needs of our customers by delivering a wide range of advanced defence, aerospace and security solutions that provide a technological and performance edge. They work together with local partners to engineer, manufacture, and develop the innovations that sustain economies, increase defence sovereignty and safeguard commercial interests.
Our client is the UK Government's nominated Prime Contractor (PC) under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. They provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons. For such maintenance and training, this role is responsible for carrying out AC Battery and Air Electrical component maintenance & repair activities. Supervise the Consolidation Training of assigned RSAF Technicians in support of the RSAF Typhoon component maintenance programme. Generate aircraft equipment to support the contracted Operational Ready Rates in accordance with best industry practice, the Maintenance Organisation Exposition and the RSAF Regulatory Framework.
The efficient day to day support in the running of the Hawk Elect/Enviro Shop includes but is not limited to:
- Carry out all engineering and maintenance activities within the scope of the Air Electrical and Aircraft Battery Shop
- Ensure all maintenance tasks are undertaken in accordance with approved maintenance procedures and processes
- Ensure all electronic data systems are utilised correctly
- Ensure adherence to correct engineering practices, observe safety precautions and that as far as is reasonably practicable ensure that no one else is exposed to any unnecessary or uncontrolled risk
- Assist the Supervisor to ensure that all equipment operated within the shop is in good working condition and any necessary calibration activities are scheduled and conducted to ensure maintenance tasks can be achieved when required
- The embodiment of all Technical Instructions and Modifications of all components maintained within the shop, including those not fitted to aircraft
- Comply with Health and Safety including, knowledge of COSHH and Risk assessments and following appropriate safety precautions and warning posters relating to the maintenance activities and handling within the shop area of operation
- Good husbandry practices
- Ensure that all tool kits are maintained in accordance with the regulatory framework and ensuring that test equipment is maintained and calibrated within specified limits
- Awareness of the responsibilities of the Air Elec / Battery Shop Supervisor in his absence and raising any issues to the Shop Superintendent or nominated deputy
- Complete any other reasonable duties or requests that are made by line management
- Assist with raising TQs for any aircraft component related anomalies
- Support the work centre Supervisor in ensuring shift handovers are accurate
- Adhere to the use of only approved data
- Provide 100% supervision to assigned RSAF Trainee Technicians at level 'A' and undertaking WTS activities
- Provide and Supervise consolidation training and mentoring to assigned RSAF personnel leading to the award of 1st signature (Technician)
- Provide Training Guidance and mentoring of nominated RSAF personnel leading to the award of 2nd (Supervisor) signature
- Provide Supervisory 2nd Signature (over sign) for engineering and maintenance tasks carried out by the RSAF in support of consolidation training on operational aircraft equipment
- Maintain accurate logbooks for the assigned RSAF technician
- Liaise with RSAF and PC management in order to identify any training opportunities or to highlight any potential training shortfalls
- Support the production of weekly & monthly progress reports to identify training progression
- Assist the training co-ordinator by providing additional training and supervision to RSAF and PC personnel as required
- Providing standby cover as directed in support of Squadron operations.
- Must be educated to ONC level or recognised equivalent or have relevant experience supported by formal, recorded workplace applied related training
- Must have completed a recognised aircraft engineering apprenticeship or similar qualification in military aircraft electrical/avionic engineering
- Must have completed Aircraft Type Specific training on Third or Fourth Generation military fast jet aircraft in electrical/avionic activities
- Good level of interpersonal skill and the ability to communicate, influence, deliver and supervise consolidation training to assigned RSAF personnel
- Previous Supervisory experience gained in a Military environment.
- Extensive post qualification experience of military fast jet maintenance support, at a technician level within an operational military flying environment
- Comprehensive experience as an Air Electrician or Avionic Technician on a Fourth Generation military fast jet aircraft (may be concurrent with the above)
- Broad aerospace and defence company/industry knowledge
- An understanding of RAF and /or RSAF engineering operating procedures
- Understanding or experience of conducting Electrical/Avionic Repairs
- Previous experience of delivering work place training
- An understanding of ESS or similar electronic based reporting system.
The post holder will have the following background:
- An understanding of engineering operating procedures
- Thorough working knowledge of the Electrical or Avionic System activities associated with a Fourth Generation military fast jet aircraft
- Experience of working in the aviation industry in a Gulf Coast Country preferred
- The ability to act upon his own initiative within the scope of his job
- A conscientious approach to work and meticulous attention to detail is also required
- Previous experience of conducting On-the-Job training activities would be advantageous.
Ref: 13338/001_1584440555 | Published: 17th Mar 2020