Job title: Typhoon Aircraft Ground Equipment (AGE) Electrical Technician Supervisor
Location: Taif, Saudi Arabia
Start date: ASAP
Our Client provides some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Their wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Our Client serves the needs of our customers by delivering a wide range of advanced defence, aerospace and security solutions that provide a technological and performance edge. They work together with local partners to engineer, manufacture, and develop the innovations that sustain economies, increase defence sovereignty and safeguard commercial interests.
Our client is the UK Government's nominated Prime Contractor (PC) under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons. For such maintenance and training, this role is responsible for undertaking scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities of Aircraft Ground Equipment. In support of Typhoon operations and in accordance with the RSAF Typhoon maintenance policy, ensuring that all Continuing Airworthiness and Maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with company's Saudi Arabia SALAM Maintenance Organisation Exposition and associated Quality Management System.
- Carry out all engineering and maintenance activities within the scope of the Aircraft Ground Equipment Shop
- Complete Induction to ensure authorised and competent to work on Aerospace Ground Equipment
- Ensure all maintenance tasks are undertaken in accordance with approved maintenance procedures and processes
- Ensure all electronic data systems are utilised correctly
- Ensure adherence to correct engineering practices, observe safety precautions and that as far as is reasonably practicable ensure that no one else is exposed to any unnecessary or uncontrolled risk
- Assist the Shop Supervisor to ensure that all equipment operated within the shop is in good working condition and any necessary calibration activities are scheduled and conducted to ensure maintenance tasks can be achieved when required
- The embodiment of all Technical Instructions and Modifications of all components are maintained within the shop
- Complying with Health and Safety including, knowledge of COSHH and Risk assessments and following appropriate safety precautions and warning posters relating to the maintenance activities and handling within the shop area of operation
- Ensure all components within the Aircraft Ground Equipment Shop are correctly stored and packaged and that all shop maintained items that are to leave the shop or move location are correctly prepared and packaged for transit
- Ensure that all tool kits are maintained in accordance with the regulatory framework and ensuring that test equipment is maintained and calibrated within specified limits
- Ensure good husbandry practices are implemented
- Ensure FOD control measures are implemented.
- Coaching, training, mentoring and knowledge transfer to company and RSAF personnel
- Undertake the responsibilities of the Aircraft Ground Equipment Shop Supervisor in his absence
- Completing any other reasonable duties or requests that are made by line management
- Provide 100% supervision to assigned RSAF Trainee Technicians at level 'A' and undertaking WTS activities
- Provide and Supervise consolidation training and mentoring to assigned RSAF personnel leading to the award of 1st signature (Technician)
- Provide Training Guidance and mentoring of nominated RSAF personnel leading to the award of 2nd (Supervisor) signature
- Provide Supervisory 2nd Signature (over sign) for engineering and maintenance tasks carried out by the RSAF in support of consolidation training on operational aircraft equipment
- Maintain accurate logbooks for the assigned RSAF technician
- Liaise with RSAF and PC management in order to identify any training opportunities or to highlight any potential training shortfalls
- Support the production of weekly & monthly progress reports to identify training progression
- Assist the training co-ordinator by providing additional training and supervision to RSAF and PC personnel as required
- Provide standby cover as directed in support of Squadron operations.
- Must be educated to ONC level or a recognised equivalent Electrical Qualification or have relevant experience supported by formal, recorded workplace applied related training
- A thorough knowledge of electrical systems, basic PLC maintenance and fault finding and a Comprehensive experience maintaining equipment
- Good level of interpersonal skill and the ability to communicate, influence, deliver and supervise consolidation training to assigned RSAF personnel
- Previous Supervisory experience.
The post holder will have the following background:
- Extensive hands-on experience working in an Aerospace or production environment performing maintenance, fault-finding and repair of electrical systems using electrical diagrams often in pressurised situations
- Thorough working knowledge of planned Preventative maintenance working in high volume environments
- Experience of working in the aviation or production industry in a Gulf Coast Country preferred
- The ability to act upon own initiative within the scope of his job using approved data
- A conscientious approach to work and meticulous attention to detail
- A track record of meeting strict deadlines without compromising standards and quality.
Ref: 13339/001_1584440542 | Published: 17th Mar 2020