Role: Transport Manager (ex- Military preferred)
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Salary: £Competitive + car + benefits
Start Date: ASAP
One of the leading waste management services companies in the UK, recycling and treating millions of tonnes of household, commercial and industrial waste.
Our client's core business centres on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. To make our skills and expertise easily accessible to our customers, our business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services - household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance.
- Business waste solutions -waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies.
- Recycling - material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centres.
- Green energy -recovery of energy from waste.
- Waste Processing -industrial waste treatment, hazardous wastes and landfill disposal.
They operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
The purpose of this role is to manage client's Bulk Haulage Transport operations from the operating centre based at Sutton Courtenay, Oxon, all in accordance with good practice, company procedures and local Contract requirements. In so doing ensure corporate targets are met, especially in terms of SHEQ, profitability, cost tracking, best possible customer service and communication through the service delivery. Raise the profile of company on this area and actively seek and develop business opportunities for the company in the area.
- To ensure that appropriate systems are established for the maintenance of all vehicles and equipment in accordance with the company policies and health & safety legislation. To ensure that the systems are being adhered to by operational management and their staff and to advise of remedial actions where needed;
- To advise and implement systems changes in support to the Operational management in the areas of:
- Vehicle management and maintenance;
- Vehicle efficiency;
- Fixed plant and equipment management and maintenance;
- To assist and advise on the development and monitoring of appropriate Key Performance Indicators to maximise the efficiency of the business activities; and,
- To provide advice to the Municipal Divisions senior operational management of ways to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the vehicles and equipment.
- Be fully conversant with the operational requirements of the Contracts under your remit;
- Represent the Company at contract review meetings with the client and at other relevant meetings and events.
- Ensure the delivery of the Contract by:-
- Ensuring all operations are fully integrated into the company, both procedurally and culturally;
- Recognising the importance of new service delivery standards and expectations, including best possible customer service and the integration of newly employed site staff into the operation;
- Monitoring and reporting, in accordance with contractual requirements, on the standards of service delivered at the sites;
- Update the Service Delivery Plan as and when;
- Taking prompt action to investigate and rectify any shortcomings in service delivery;
- Setting appropriate targets that deliver continuous improvement in service standards;
- in particular for recycling achievement and customer satisfaction;
- Working with site staff and customers to gather and implement suggestions, where appropriate, for further improvements to the service;
- Working with colleagues in Health and Safety to develop and implement appropriate management systems, monitoring regimes and documentation;
- Ensuring that any breaches of Health & Safety are fully recorded, investigated and acted upon in accordance with the company standards, policies and procedures.
Maximise recycling rates at the facilities by working with internal colleagues to:-
- Identify opportunities to expand the range of materials recycled;
- Ensure that best value is achieved for recycled materials within company's remit, including monitoring, reviewing and optimising arrangements with re-processors;
- Promote the recycling facilities available at the sites;
- Publicise the recycling rates achieved at the sites.
Systems, Data and Reporting
- Ensure that appropriate systems and processes are in place to meet the reporting requirements of the Contracts and operational businesses;
- Ensure prompt invoicing of off-takers, recyclers and councils. Review and update these systems and processes as necessary to maintain the efficient delivery of Contract standards and requirements;
- Manage and co-ordinate the collection and recording of data to ensure that:-
- Data is collected in a timely manner so to meet the requirements of the contract, and company's invoicing and internal reporting;
- Appropriate reports are produced and delivered in a timely manner;
- Data required to support payment is accurately recorded and reconciled.
- Work with other staff members to ensure achievement and compliance with the Company's Integrated Quality Management System (ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001);
- Support a continuous improvement in service delivery, including overseeing the monitoring, resolution and reporting of comments and complaints relating to the services delivered under the Contract.
- Manage, motivate and develop driving team and ensure that they are appropriately trained and skilful;
- Be responsible for the Health and Safety of employees working on the contract and the public using the sites;
- Build relationships with the client and other contract partners through the careful management of expectations and the interests of all parties;
- Oversee recruitment, employment, management and training of all employees on the contract;
- Develop contingency plans and arrangements to support permanent staffing arrangements;
- Full P&L and CAPEX responsibility;
- Ensure that all staff are aware of their P&L responsibilities;
- Supported by the Regional Finance Manager, prepare reports for the Regional Area Manager showing financial performance against the budget;
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and interim financial reports as required;
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Company from time to time.
- First class communication skills, written and oral. Confident spokesperson, credible as a representative of the company with external contacts, such as Environment Agency, other regulatory bodies and community groups;
- A strong health and safety awareness and determination to improve health and safety aspects of the operation;
- Commercially astute and results orientated;
- Decisive and comfortable with responsibility, but recognises the value and contribution of regional and central specialists;
- Numerate and IT literate, with the ability to use management information effectively
- Strong team leader, with the drive and enthusiasm to inspire operations personnel to achieve leading-edge standards;
- Embraces change, committed to finding better ways of doing things;
- Intellect, business skills and ambition to progress beyond the initial job in time;
- A highly credible leader, with strong negotiation skills capable of developing and motivating teams;
Ref: 13197_1501488492 | Published: 31th Jul 2017