Training, Quality & Environmental (TQE) Manager
Location: Wantage, Oxfordshire
Salary: £ Competitive + Company car, mobile phone, laptop and benefits
Start date: ASAP
Our client is a privately owned, family managed company. The directors of the company take a very personal interest in every contract, both by direct communication with the client and through the reporting procedures incorporated as part of company policy.
Our client covers all aspects of Facilities Management, from Cleaning to Property Services, Waste Management to Landscape and Maintenance and more.
Our client believes in growing and developing from within. A full training and induction programme is carried out for all staff to encourage correct working practices, use of equipment, chemicals and materials that they are expected to use as part of their duties.
Our Client is a keen supporter of ex-forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
The role of a Training, Quality and Environmental Manager is, but is not limited to:
- To direct the overall business learning and development strategy and help the business grow through its employees and training initiatives.
- To develop and enhance the business's talent and evolve future leaders.
- Plan departmental / functional training budgets, forecast costs and delegate numbers as required via organisational planning and budgeting systems.
- Assess relevant training needs for all employees in consultation with line management, including assessment methods and measurement systems. Report recommendations for approval at Director level.
- Stay informed as to relevant skill and qualification levels required by staff for effective performance and circulate requirements and relevant information within Calber as appropriate.
- Produce organisational strategy and plans to meet training and development needs and manage training delivery, measurement and follow-up as necessary.
- Design training courses and programmes necessary to meet training needs, or manage this activity via external providers.
- Identify, select and manage external training and accreditation bodies, agencies and providers necessary to deliver required training to appropriate standards.
- Organise training venues, logistics, transport and accommodation as required, to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery.
- Plan and deliver training courses personally where necessary to compliment that provided externally or internally by others.
- Arrange for the maintenance and availability of all necessary equipment and materials relating to the effective delivery and measurement of training.
- Ensure all training activities and materials meet with relevant organisational and statutory policies, including health and safety, quality, environmental, employment and equality laws.
- Monitor and report on activities, costs and performance as required.
- Develop self and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times.
- To be the principal adviser to clients, the Joint Managing Directors, Directors and other Managers regarding all training related issues.
- To develop effective working relationships with other departments and organisations to maximise the potential for shared training resources, in order to achieve further efficiencies.
- To take a lead on ensuring that suitable data systems and processes are in place to capture, accurately record, update and manage the training records that underpin all leaning and development related activities for Calber.
The role of Training, Quality and Environmental Manager is vital as you are co-ordinating the business functions ensuring client satisfaction at all sites.
It is important that:
- Clients, staff and other outside agencies are greeted in a warm, friendly, courteous and professional manner.
Clients should have their enquiries dealt with as soon as possible. You should fully investigate any concerns, liaise with other departments or organisations as necessary and then report back to the client, ensuring they are fully aware of the latest situation and particularly when closure is obtained. You are responsible for keeping up to date records and developing management systems.
Duties of a Training, Quality and Environmental Manager will include:
- To provide managerial control of the day-to-day running of the Quality and Environmental function at Calber including acting as the Quality & Environmental Focal Point.
- To ensure all of Calber's Quality and Environmental Management Systems are managed, monitored, developed and maintained to ensure operation to the highest possible quality and environmental standards.
- This will include strategic decision making to improve upon existing policies and procedures and implement change / new policies as necessary.
- This is a key role within the business, providing essential management in the areas of Quality and Environment, helping to foster a culture of continuous improvement and assisting the business in attaining the highest level of customer satisfaction. This will facilitate Calber attaining repeat business and new clients, thus ensuring continued growth.
- Responsibility for Calber documented QMS / EMS systems to maintain certification to BS EN ISO 1900: 2008 and ISO 14001: 2004.
- Manage transition to ISO 14001: 2015 with project completion by December 2017.
- Manage qualification with Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) and ensure compliance - mandatory energy assessment scheme for organisations in the UK that meet the qualification criteria. Notify the Environment Agency by deadlines. Maintain annually and resubmit every 4 years.
- Ensure compliance with current legislation and best practice, ensuring that any new legislative changes are brought to the attention of the Directors in a timely manner for appropriate action.
- Carry out monthly and annual internal audits, both site and office based.
- Manage and assist with external audits as and when necessary.
- Ensure KPI's are set and standards met.
- Develop excellent business relations with clients and suppliers to adopt / encourage best practice.
- Ensure consistency of quality and environmental standards across the Company.
- Ensure relevant quality and environmental training programmes are delivered to all staff as appropriate.
- Provide detailed responses for PQQ submissions / tenders to an exceptionally high standard and within tight deadlines.
- Attend and chair review meetings.
- To be the principal adviser to clients, the Joint Managing Directors, Directors and other Managers regarding all quality and environmental related issues.
- To take a lead on ensuring that suitable data systems and processes are in place to capture, accurately record, update and manage the procedures that underpin all quality and environmental related activities for Calber.
- Occasional tasks at the discretion of the Joint Managing Directors and Directors and any additional ad-hoc duties as required.
- Understanding and implementing Calber's organisation, services, standard procedures and policies.
- Overall responsibility for the Quality Management Systems and certification for Calber. In addition to key tasks mentioned above, this will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensuring that processes needed for the Quality Management Systems are established, implemented and maintained.
- Performance management of Quality systems and regular reporting to Directors as appropriate.
- Maintain systems which promote awareness of customer requirements throughout Calber.
- Assist with all customer care requirements.
- Liaise with all relevant parties both internal and external on all matters relating to the Quality Management System
- Overall responsibility for the Environmental Management Systems and certification for Calber. In addition to key tasks mentioned above, this will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensuring that processes needed for the Environmental Management systems are established, implemented and maintained.
- Performance management of EMS's and regular reporting to Directors as appropriate
- Maintain systems to promote the provision of our services and products with limited environmental impact
- Liaise with all relevant parties both internal and external on all matters relating to the EMS for Calber.
- Oversee and maintain waste stream management systems.
- Promote recycling policies throughout the company.
- Oversee waste reduction / energy saving policies throughout Calber.
- Informing the HR Manager of any personal or health issues that are causing concern and any change of personal information such as home address, telephone number etc.
To be considered for the Training, Quality and Environmental Manager role it would be an advantage if you have been in the British Armed Forces and have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Clean valid British driving licence
- BICS Licenced Assessor
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- NVQ Level 3 CQI Certificate in Quality Management and CIEH or equivalent
- Chartered Institute of Waste Management Certification
- Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment Training Certification
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Organised and focused with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Influencing and inspiring staff through innovative communication
- Analytical ability to interpret data to produce clear and concise reports
- Treats major obstacles as challenges and takes personal responsibility for achieving required standards
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of appropriate legislation in order to ensure full compliance when planning and delivering training, quality and environmental services
- Effective time management
- Enjoys team activities
- Confident and inspiring, empowering others
- Keen to co-operate
- Dynamic and innovative
- Responsive, hands-on, "can-do" approach
- Proactive, highly self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Good sense of humour
- Self-confident and resourceful
- Copes well under pressure
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills - able to relate well at all levels
- Approachable, helpful and diplomatic.
- Keen to learn, receive training and share knowledge
- Motivational public speaker with confident, articulate and clear communication skills
- Strong influencing and coaching skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Analytical ability to interpret data to produce clear and concise reports
- Experience of delivering in-house training for effective execution of duties including environmental and quality management systems
- Ability to demonstrate inspire, influence and build successful partnerships with other departments to create high impact teams.
- IRCA registered ISO 9001 Lead Auditor and IEMA registered ISO 14001 Lead Auditor
- Understanding of learning needs analysis
- Ability to create training programs, make presentations and undertake public speaking with skill and confidence.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment requiring a high degree of flexibility whilst retaining business disciplines.
- Excellent task planning ability
- Awareness of environmental and quality management systems
- Efficient and meticulous maintenance of record systems with high attention to detail and a strong commercial focus
- Professional in outlook and attitude
- Experienced and effective auditor
A DBS Enhanced Disclosure will be required for this role, which the successful applicant will be requested to pay for. If they have a DBS Enhanced Disclosure dated within the last 3 months, this will suffice.
Ref: 13095 | Published: 23th Aug 2016