Traffic Planner (Ex-Military Only)
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Salary: £22,000 to £24,000
Start Date: ASAP
Our Client offer one of the largest and most modern waste recycling facilities as a leading provider of recycling & waste management services in the North West. The services our client offers encompass provision of trade waste services, skip & roll-on-off containers using our own fleet of vehicles covering the North West.
Our Client focuses on core values of professionalism, high service levels and customer care in order to maintain their status as one of the largest recycling and waste management businesses in the region.
Our Client is a keen supporter of Ex-Forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
Candidates for the Traffic Planner role should be effective team members and meet the following criteria:
- Ability to multitask, provide direction, work efficiently and stay positive in a stressful environment, providing a good example to the team
- Highly customer focused and people orientated individual who possesses excellent communication skills and is adept with dealing and conversing with people at all levels
- Requires 100% commitment, drive and sense of humour
- Supervisory skills
The key tasks of a Traffic Planner include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining high standard of service and delivery of exceptional customer service for a fleet of 20 plus LGV vehicles involved in collection of waste and recyclate materials;
- Ensure site security procedures at the opening/closing of office are followed;
- 'On call' and 'night call out' duties as required;
- Liaison between Customers, Drivers, Customer Service etc;
- Assist with Routing, Driver Scheduling and ensure allocation of work on the most cost effective and efficient basis;
- Printing and checking of Driver Schedules and Traffic Office Reports;
- Operation of Weighbridge and associated duties as required;
- Analysis of vehicle tracking data;
- Ensuring Company's absence/sickness procedure is adhered to and conduct Driver return to work interviews as required;
- Ensure full communication between the members of the Traffic Office Team and other departments;
- Monitoring via CCTV of Driver movements whilst on site
- Booking of outgoing waste loads;
- Correct handover at end of shift where applicable.
Education / Qualifications
- Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) or a willingness to work towards;
- HGV Licence (or working towards but not essential);
- Driver CPC Qualification (or working towards);
- Good level of IT literacy - particularly covering Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Good general standard of education.
Ref: 12995 | Published: 18th Feb 2016