Who are we?
Our client is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. They make a daily difference to their 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes, keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing.
Every one of our clients actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open - and this matters even more through a pandemic.
They're proud of the positive ways of working they've adopted during the pandemic, creating a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive.
Who are we looking for?
Our client is looking to recruit a Mechanical & Electrical technician for this multi-faceted role. Covering all aspects of engineering from mechanical and maintenance to complex electrical diagnostic work, this is to ensure that all equipment at our waste treatment works is running safely and efficiently using proactive and reactive maintenance methods.
What you will be doing
- Working on will be various pumps and associated control gear, 3 phase motors, starters and controls, electronic control systems such as VSD's, automatic valves and penstocks, flow, level, and pressure measurement, programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and controls, chemical handling, and dosing equipment
- Investigating plant failures and carrying out repairsas quickly and efficiently as possible to avoid interruptions for our customers. This may involve investigating and diagnosing complex faults and carrying out repairs during incidents
- Carrying out scheduled planned maintenance work on mechanical and electrical equipment in compliance with company standards and procedures to improve plant resilience.
- Providing technical advice to the wider team, referring to up-to-date technical knowledge, and providing training or support for technical trainees if required
- Participation in a 24/7 out of hours' standby Rotawill be required after a suitable period of training and assessment
What qualifications we are looking for:
- ONC/HNC in engineering, NVQ, or C&G level 3 in Electrical engineering
- Qualification in mechanical NVQ 2/3 would also be beneficial although not essential
- A valid driving license is essential
- Having previous experience in an electrical apprenticeship, with an 18th Edition qualification beneficial
- Physically fitas you will work in confined spaces with successful completion of the appropriate training
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safetyissues are crucial
- Be a time served apprentice with significant experience in electrical systemsideally working in a "true multi-skilled" capacity
We're looking for you to:
- Be a self-motivated individualthat can immerse themselves into the team around them, you need to be very disciplined and have the desire to learn from those around you, and have a can-do attitude. This role can be demanding at times but very rewarding too
- Take Ownershipof responding quickly to faults, being curious to fully understand the problem, and identify the best solution to resolve it the first time
- Have excellent communicationand interpersonal skills, to interact with the team
- Deliver exceptional servicethrough an enthusiastic and positive approach, taking accountability for your role while working accurately and flexibly within a busy team
- Be a team player - We are one team, and our end goals are the same
- Proactive -take the lead on recommendations and improvements around the site and communicate effectively
What's in it for you?
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with a length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
A company van, all tools, and PPE will be provided.
Our client is a dynamic, rewarding, and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join the team, you'll enjoy a fulfilling career, flexible working arrangements, and great benefits.
Our client deliver life's essential service so their customers, communities, and the environment can thrive. This means, that when a crisis happens, they all rally around to support their customers. As part of your role, you'll be asked to help out the Instant Support Team to help customers in their hour of need. This is incredibly rewarding, and you'll be given full training - it's also a great opportunity to learn more about the business and meet colleagues.
Ref: TDSTW_1658910806 | Published: 27th Jul 2022