Location: Parkland (Stoke on Trent) / Nationwide
Salary: £28,000 to £30,000 plus Car and Fuel Card
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a leading provider of solutions and services that solve transport, lighting, infrastructure and telecommunication problems across the Urban and Inter Urban environments. They are part of a global technical services provider, with a turnover in excess of €4bn and circa 23,000 employees.
The purpose of a Technical Specialist is to Provide Technical Excellence as part of a Professional Services Team delivering Technical and Engineering solutions for Infra Comms.
- Assist the Technical and Engineering Manager to provide design solutions which enable growth within Infra Comms for new and existing customers.
- Support the Technical and Engineering Manager in delivering solutions to complex technical problems for Infra Comms clients.
- To provide excellence in technical delivery.
- To become an advocate of ITIL v3, ensuring its practises and procedures are deployed within the business and kept up to date with future ITIL developments.
- To support the identification of new opportunities and the development of delivery input to business development processes and documentation.
- Developing a strong understanding of the specifications and requirements for existing, and new clients, to ensure full compliance and quality of service is delivered through the Technical and Engineering team.
- Representing the Business Unit and Infra Comms in technical and engineering forums in order to maximise opportunities and develop brand awareness, both internally and externally.
- To deputise for the Technical Manager as and when required with Internal/External customers, clients and partners.
- To act as a role model for high standards, the promotion of Technical and Engineering practices, safety and self-improvement.
- To ensure continuous improvement and best practice is undertaken in all areas of Infra Comms, developing an efficient and effective operation to realise Infra Comms growth potential.
- Ensure procedures are developed and operated in all areas within a climate of staff engagement and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that all technical and design activities are fully compliant with QHSE procedures and plans.
- To advise, and direct the Operations Team to ensure projects are delivered as designed by the Technical and Engineering Team.
- Support the Technical and Engineering Manager to drive the understanding and implementation of new and emerging technologies throughout the Infra Comms business.
- Identify and develop new opportunities for Infra Comms, specifically within the Public and Private Sectors that gain new clients in these areas.
- Develop methods of working within existing fields that innovate and deliver continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Work with all other areas of the Unit to maximise growth potential and deliver Telecommunications service solutions which are best value for Projects.
- Manage workload to ensure projects are deliverable in line with project milestones and resources are planned in line with this.
- Work collaboratively with Project Managers to ensure that projects are delivered to required timescales, budgets and standards and where necessary liaises with the Client in project and progress meetings.
- Provide assistance in gaining ISO27001 within Infra Comms, and then managing the ISMS to ensure compliance with this standard.
- To investigate new possibilities, manage, develop, and then disseminate any form of Graphical Information System (GIS) / Graphical Information Database (GID) information, which is specific where required to existing, and new customer (internal and external) needs.
- Working with new customer technologies, representing Infra Comms with the client to deliver cost effective operational solutions.
- Show a range of flexible communication styles and tailor those accordingly. Be able to communicate complex concepts in an unambiguous way for a non- technical audience.
- Attend Industry Events, Seminars and Conferences as representative for Infra Comms.
To be considered for the Technical Specialist role you should have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Degree level education or suitable alternative.
- Degree in software engineering (1st / Upper 2nd).
- Proven record demonstrating proactive approaches to setting and running technical initiatives.
- Proven record of understanding various software programming and coding techniques.
- Proven track record of understanding core Telecommunications technologies at a Systems Engineering level.
- Ability to adapt to any existing or future technological / technical initiative, then implement what is required to truly add value to the project.
- Proven record of design, and implementation of complex software coding and programming techniques.
- Proven record of software coding and programming techniques with various software base codes, e.g., Visual Basic, Visual C+ / C++, Java, Object Oriented Programming, UNIX, SQL, HTML, Web Hosting.
- Proven problem-solving and technical support skills.
- Excellent analytical skills using databases and spread sheets.
- Excellent document drafting skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to organise and complete complex projects while still dealing effectively with routine support issues.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work to deadlines, and under pressure.
- Proven understanding of Business Intelligence, specifically converting data to information.
- Develop existing problem solving and technical supporting skills to create efficiencies within the Maintain and Operate requirements.
- Flexible communication style. Able to tailor communication to specific audience, particularly to communicate complex concepts in an unambiguous way for non- technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial - Able to see opportunities and quantify the benefits and risks and have an entrepreneurial approach to technological solutions.
- Excellent customer focus and ability to work with people at all levels.
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Good at working to challenging deadlines.
- Problem solving ability, often under pressure.
- Self-motivated, driven.
- Team player.
- Ability to engage, lead and motivate others.
- Independent and capable of working flexibly on multiple parallel projects.
- Conceptual thinker, problem solver.
- Driven to understand new technological advances, specifically those technologies which will enable Infra Comms to grow.
- Full UK Driving licence and ability to travel / overnight stays when required.
- Willingness to work outside of contracted hours if required.
Ref: 13059 | Published: 24th May 2016