Job Title: Sustainability Manager (ex-Military candidate preferred)
Reports To: HSE&Q Director
Accountable To: Managing Director
Our client is a multidiscipline construction and engineering business. Operating as a turnkey specialist structures contractor they provide their clients with engineered solutions to complex projects across a wide range of industry sectors.
To drive the Company's commitment to improve its environmental management initiatives and delivering sustainable construction projects.
- Implement and manage the Company's sustainability strategy
- Develop policies, procedures and systems in relation to environmental and sustainability issues
- Raise awareness of sustainability issues affecting the Company and its projects through a variety of media outlets
- Develop and provide training and advice to staff at all levels across the business
- Manage initiatives from conception to implementation on a range of sustainability issues, particularly carbon calculations and responsible sourcing
- Carry out environmental audits and inspections on construction sites
- Liaise with external stakeholders on social and community engagement
- Report and measure the environmental impact of projects
- Prepare sustainability reports and case studies for Board Directors.
Skills & Experience -
- Reliable and conscientious worker
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with clients and colleagues
- Exceptional communication skills - both verbal and written
- Excellent time management skills and ability to support multiple projects and systems
- Excellent organisational, planning and prioritising skills
- Ability to drive projects through to a high standard
- Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and show initiative
- Flexible to work out-of-hours when necessary/required.
Practical & Technical Knowledge -
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to inspire, influence and implement change with the enthusiasm and energy required to make things happen
- Experience with using different media to communicate sustainability messages to a range of stakeholders
- Ability to deal confidently and knowledgably with colleagues, subcontractors and external consultants and suppliers.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications
- Computer literate and capable of producing accurate and thorough reports and analysis.
INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (IMS) DUTIES
- The post holder must fully familiarise him/herself with the IMS processes
- The post holder must ensure that all administration is carried out in accordance with standard company procedures
- The post holder must ensure that problems and failures are reported in accordance with standard company procedures.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- The post holder must fully familiarise him/herself with the company Health & Safety Policy and procedures
- The post holder must assist senior management in monitoring and reviewing the Policy and procedures in respect of revisions to safety legislation, changes to industrial practise, changes to the Company's size and role and any other factors which may affect or influence the policy
- The post holder must be aware of individual responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act and identify and report any untoward accident or incident as necessary
- The post holder must maintain their own personal safety at all times with particular regard to adhering to safe systems of work and proper use of safety equipment and PPE.
- The post holder must respect company confidentiality at all times, in particular, the confidentiality of electronically stored personal data in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act
- The post holder must act with due regard and respect for the Company's equal opportunities policies and HR procedures at all times
- The post holder is expected to take responsibility for their self-development on a continuous basis, undertaking on-the-job and other training as required
- The post holder is required to familiarise him/herself and comply with Company policies and procedures.
Ref: 13351/001_1582110232 | Published: 19th Feb 2020