Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is proud to be one of the largest providers of communications services in the UK with an annual turnover in excess of £399m.Every time you pick up the phone, 'surf the net', travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances our Client have enabled the communications infrastructure to make this happen.
Our Client provides communications, project and maintenance services to customers in many market sectors, including, Rail, Metro, Traffic, Telecoms, Emergency Services, Public-Sector organisations and councils.
Working into Category Manager for Traffic Urban you will form part of the Procurement function and be responsible for a defined set of suppliers, business locations and business processes.
ARE YOU THE IDEAL CANDIDATE?
- Strong change management and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Strong analytics skills and ability to derive solutions.
- Strong influencing skills and stakeholder management.
- Strong experience in the management of suppliers at all level.
- Good Financial awareness and experience of cost management.
- Good technical background in traffic technology equipment
- Owning and managing supplier relationships, measuring and improving on time delivery (OTD) and quality performance against KPI's.
- Working with Traffic Urban management team to identify equipment forecast (inventory and non-inventory) in order to ensure continuity of supply.
- Pro-actively identify, mitigate and monitor any potential risks.
- Liaising with Traffic Urban management team where supply delivery issues may impact customer delivery.
- Developing initiatives to optimise levels of working capital held within the company
- Input into Product Lifecycle program as required.
- Detailed equipment forecast including customer specific demand.
- Management of forecast related KPIs to support continuous improvement.
- Development of processes to enable management and reporting of supply chain risks.
- Development and management of KPI dashboard and underpinning processes.
- Implementation and delivery of stock optimisation strategy
BUSINESS OPERATIONS SKILLS - QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- Full Driver's License.
- Highly self-motivated and driven.
- Flexible and able to work independently or in a team.
- Actively seeks to continuously improve processes and service.
- Self-starter who owns problems and takes responsibility for solving them.
- Supporting and quickly implementing changes that have been agreed.
- Ability to influence and persuade at all levels.
- Listening to concerns, ideas and issues from all colleagues throughout the business.
- Recognising when a colleague needs help.
- Punctual, organised and efficient.
- Prepared to re-plan / re-prioritise, taking into account resources and contingency.
- Understand the implications to the division, business or project if procedures/policies are not being followed
Ref: 13120 | Published: 09th Dec 2016