ELECTRICIAN (Ex-Military Only)
SALARY: £13.50 per hour
START DATE: ASAP
Our Client is a leading infrastructure services company delivering vital services in transportation, the built environment and open spaces for communities and business. They have a proven track record with over 50 years' experience in providing cost effective and sustainable solutions.
Everything our client does is about achieving the widest possible economic, environmental and social benefits for our clients and the communities they serve. They continue to invest in award winning and innovative solutions to increase our production capability, reduce their carbon footprint and minimise waste to landfill.
As an Electrician, you will be expected to contribute to the success of the business through a solid working practise. Demonstrating excellent operational skills such as Working at heights in a challenging environment with basic knowledge of electrical systems and procedures. This is a contract role.
As an Electrician, your responsibilities are:
- To act as Street Lighting Operative for the Company under the ASLEC/HERS Registration Scheme.
- To work within a small team working on electrical street lighting installation's.
- To work within Health and Safety plans, method statements and risk assessments.
- To be conscious of incident reporting SWMP and environmental plans provided.
- To interpret scaled drawings of basic electrical installations and detailed drawings of underground cabling.
- To ensure that all site works are executed in a time and cost efficient manner whilst ensuring regular liaison with supervisor.
- To maintain plant vehicle and materials record sheets to support the works programme as well as ensuring all plant is fit for purpose and maintained to required standards.
- To assist in the business development of the street lighting capability of the company.
- To undertake other duties and ad hoc projects as required by the business with possible out of hours work including night works.
- To act in accordance with company policies and procedures, particularly with reference to our Equality and Diversity policies, procedures and practices.
- To behave in a manner that supports the company's stated Vision and Values and ensure other team members do like-wise
- To act in accordance with the company's Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and practices.
To be considered for the Electrician role you should have served in the British Armed Forces and have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience of working in the street lighting and public sectors
- Technically competent in street lighting operations
- G39 certification
- ASLEC Approved
- IPAF qualified
- NRSWA Units 1 to 9
- Manual handling
- Abrasive wheels
- First Aid
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- High business ethics - honesty, respect for the individual, culturally unbiased
- Individual thinker capable of actively contributing to the delivery of team performance
- Ability to operate in a collaborative manner to ensure other parties are fully engaged
- Demonstrable ability to work in a busy environment unsupervised.
- Experience of working under pressure
- Robust attention to detail
- Self motivated
- A clean driving licence
Ref: 12959 | Published: 22th Dec 2015