Role: Site Manager (Ex-Military preferred)
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Production Director
Our Client is one of the largest homebuilders in the UK, operating from 24 regional offices across England, Scotland, Wales and Spain. They aim to be the developer of choice for customers, employees, communities and shareholders.
Our Client is known for building a wide range of properties, from one- and two-bedroom apartments to five bedrooms detached houses, with a broad price range including both private and affordable homes. They are truly national and they cover most regions across the UK. Their regional businesses are run as local homebuilders and have in-depth knowledge and experience of the local market.
Our Client understands that development is about more than creating homes and they provide millions of pounds worth of infrastructure, for example roads, sewers, landscaping and community facilities, every year across the UK. They aim to develop vibrant communities with a true sense of place that fit into their surrounding area and meet the needs of local people.
To ensure that the construction operation is managed in order to deliver, build on time, defect free homes, within cost parameters, safely and to our customer satisfaction.
- Produce a detailed method statement for the development, i.e. compound position, material storage areas, spoil heaps, highway constraints.
- Assist the Production Director in the production of the site programme to meet budgeted objectives.
- Produce detailed roads and sewers, show area and enabling works programme.
- Evaluate the accuracy of relevant information for development, technical and sales departments and external agencies if applicable.
- Determine plant, equipment and personnel requirements in conjunction with the technical departments.
- Assess material delivery times in relation to build programme requirements and pass to technical department.
- Develop specific build programme for show area complex to meet accelerated build programme.
- Monitoring and reporting
- Completion of weekly management reports detailing progress against planned objectives and action taken to recover lost time.
- Produce, in conjunction with the Production Director, and monitor progress against site build programme.
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Assist the development department in the production of the pre start health and safety plan and update and develop as the site proceeds.
- Undertake a site safety induction of all new site personnel.
- Ensure all site personnel comply with the Construction Health & Safety Regulations 1974 as amended together with the company's Health and Safety procedure manual.
- Ensure all operatives have the necessary certification/licence to carry out the duties they are required to perform.
- Completion of all statutory safety forms on a weekly basis.
- Carry out frequent inspection of all operations to ensure they are carried out in a safe manner.
- Ensure all operatives are working to the method statements and risk assessments submitted by the relevant sub-contractor or company's Management.
- Ensure site boundaries, access points, offices and buildings are secure at the end of each day.
- Check and monitor all sub-contractors site specific Method Statements, Risk Assessment and COSHH reports.
- Hold regular contractors meetings as per the procedures manual.
- Monitor and update master plan on a weekly basis.
- Produce, in conjunction with the assistant site manager, trade specific weekly programmes.
- Liaise with the materials controller on a daily basis to ensure material deliveries are in accordance with the build programme.
- Quality Control
- Establish the quality of work required and assist the assistant site manager in the management of the work carried out by the sub-contractors and materials supplied by the manufacturers to meet those standards.
- Issue defect sheets to relevant trades.
- Ensure all contractors work to issued drawings, company specification and trade conditions/scope of works.
- Ensure regular inspection of each property by assistant site manager and snagging sheets completed and issued to relevant trades.
- Carry out random property inspections to ensure quality standards are being maintained.
- Site Presentation
- Manage the application of Company franchise rules in respect of street scene etc.
- Control of Waste
- Ensure that requisite waste disposal skips and tip skips are available.
- Ensure that sub-contractors and direct labour separate waste in accordance with Company procedures in skips provided.
- Hold weekly meetings with the sales executive and complete the standard pro forma detailing events and activities.
- Liaise on a daily basis with the sales executive regarding customer options and variations.
- Liaise with the sales executive, buying department and sub-contractor regarding the supply and installation of customer choices.
- Coordinate with the sales executive the resolution of customer issues.
- Ensure that Show home internal/external maintenance work is carried out on a weekly basis.
- Site Inspections
- Plan and arrange visits of National House Builders Council inspectors to carry out stage inspections.
- Plan and arrange with Local Authority statutory services to carry out stage inspections.
- Accompany inspectors during the course of their visits.
- Customer Care
- Assist the assistant site manager with the introduction of the customer to their new home at the familiarisation visit ensuring that any deficits are identified and resolved.
- Ensure that at legal completion the house is defect free, clean and ready for occupation.
- Assist the assistant site manager in regular visits to customer post legal completion to ensure the customer's satisfaction with their new home.
- Assist the assistant site manager to resolve any concerns or defects identified by the customer.
- Building team spirit.
- Business awareness.
- Customer focus.
- Decision making.
- Detailed building and construction experience.
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Management of people.
- Cost controls (working to site budgets).
Ref: 13201_1499248147 | Published: 05th Jul 2017