Service / Contract Supervisor
Location: St. Albans
Salary: £Competitive plus Car and Fuel Card
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a leading provider of solutions and services that solve transport, lighting, infrastructure and telecommunication problems across the Urban and Inter Urban environments. They are part of a global technical services provider, with a turnover in excess of €4bn and circa 23,000 employees.
Our Client is a keen supporter of ex-forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
The purpose of a Service / Contract Supervisor is to ensure installation and maintenance contracts are run to the Contract specification. Inspections, faults, installations, commissioning and chargeable works are carried out efficiently, safely and that profitability is achieved.
- Supervision and development of the Operational staff, processes and procedures, including periodic performance reviews.
- Build and maintain professional and courteous relationships with customers and third parties, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction is are maintained at all times.
- Ensuring the highest communication standards are maintained providing accurate and clear information with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Control projects to ensure the best interests of the company are maintained, financial and reputational.
- Ensure that all works and operations meet company, statutory and contractual requirements from start to completion.
- Supervise projects and contracts to ensure the best interests of the company are maintained both in labour allocation and reputation.
- Ensure that at all times your staff adhere to the current Legislation, Policies and Guidelines with regards to QHSE.
- Identify Operations team knowledge gaps and plan / deliver corrective training & mentoring.
- Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction at all times and for resolving customer complaints in a timely, efficient manner.
- To show a high level of professionalism demonstrating particular attention to Customer Service, attending regular contact meetings as required.
- Maximise variations on all projects to achieve optimum financial results.
- To liaise with customers to monitor and manage progress on contracts, whilst meeting contractual obligations.
- To ensure that all operational working practices are in accordance the ISO 9000 Quality System, Health & Safety 18001, Environmental 14001 and the company E&D policy at all times, by performing regular on-site inspections.
- Ensure vehicle, tools, plant spares and equipment to be used are in a safe and useable condition by performing regular inspections.
- Manage and liaise with various sub-contractors to fulfil contractual requirements.
- Assist all staff with technical problems as and when required by maintaining a solid product knowledge on all Company PMC products.
- Ensure time allocation on contracts is adhered to and all variations are highlighted to the Service Manager for costing.
To be considered for the Service / Contract Supervisor role you should be ex-military and have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Equivalent to GCSE in English and Mathematics at level C or above.
- Sector 8 or equivalent accredation.
- Equivalent to GCSE in Information Technology.
- Solid experience of running a busy installation & maintenance team.
- An appropriate level of experience at supervisory level in the same or related type of industry.
- Ensuring timely delivery of high profile contracts to a local authority client in a busy work environment.
- Experience as a Maintenance Engineer or Commissioning Engineer in traffic signals.
- Proven ability to balance conflicting priorities to produce practical and effective solutions.
- Must be prepared to make balanced decisions based on fact not thought.
- Works well under pressure.
- Excellent prioritisation skills.
- Must be IT literate with competency in Microsoft Office software.
- Organised with attention to detail.
- Ability to motivate/ coach others to facilitate development of their own skills.
- Ability to identify clear succession potential in his/her team.
- Previous performance management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Soft skills i.e. tact, diplomacy and persuasion.
- Dedicated and committed to completion of tasks.
- Full and clean driving licence.
- Sector 8 accredited.
Ref: 13028 | Published: 09th May 2016