Job Title: Senior Learning and Development Professional (SLDP)
Reporting to: Head of Learning and Development (HoLD)
Location: Saudi Arabia
Salary: £Competitive + circa 58 day's holiday + 3 flight tickets per year
Other details: This position is unaccompanied
Start date: ASAP
Our Client provides some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Their wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Our Client serves the needs of our customers by delivering a wide range of advanced defence, aerospace and security solutions that provide a technological and performance edge. They work together with local partners to engineer, manufacture, and develop the innovations that sustain economies, increase defence sovereignty and safeguard commercial interests.
The purpose of this job is to coordinate, implement and deliver L&D activities within the specified location/ Function with the aim of ensuring that both L&D strategic and operational initiatives are achieved.
- As required, supporting the development of L&D systems, policies and procedures in accordance with business needs and priorities,
- Ensuring that the development needs of our clients (CMS/Non-CMS) are captured, collated and archived in an agreed process/format with the client's L&D,
- Managing POs and invoices concerned with internal and leadership training delivery,
- Delivering behavioural/soft skills training, Leading the design of appropriate learning initiatives, Leading the development of course materials,Leading the evaluation of the success of initiatives,
- Centre management of the L&D licences, currently CIPD and City Guilds,
- Overall management of the L&D professionals employed within the company's L&D Service,
- Coordination and integration of the activities undertaken by the L&D Professionals across the company in line with the manpower and services contract between all he companies
- Managing the performance of all L&D professionals and L&D operations associates; ensuring that the company's L&D staff performance system is understood and complied with and appropriate action is taken for non-compliance,
- The post holder has the major L&D agreed targets set for him by the HoLD and is tasked with achievement of these targets through the working relationship with the location senior management / employees.
- The post holder has agreed objectives with the location senior management and is tasked with the achievement of these objectives using the resources at his disposal, seeking further authority from the HoLD as required.
- Task completion reporting will depend entirely on the nature of the task but will vary between the company and location management.
- Performance is reviewed and assessed by the HoLD through the performance management system (ePDR).
- The post holder reports directly to the HoLD based in Riyadh, who monitors performance on a weekly basis.
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant field or possess an equivalent professional qualification,
- Possess a wide variety of training experience, including experience on CIPD programmes,
- Possess L&D line management and leadership experience; this includes, delegation, team building/development and performance management,
- Possess a minimum of five years in a similar multi-functional / cultural learning and development role that must include significant communications, networking, cultural awareness and customer facing experience,
- Have the ability to deal with a wide range of stakeholders at different levels in their organisations, both customers and suppliers,
- Understand and interpret Business strategy to ensure L&D activities are aligned and delivering the capability required,
- Understand and interpret the HR business strategy, L&D and Talent Management with a high level of problem solving and budgeting skills,
- Ability to develop L&D systems, policies and procedures in accordance with business needs and business priorities,
- Have experience and knowledge of learning & development, leadership development, and talent management,
- Be able to work to demanding deadlines, ensuring a high degree of accuracy, paying due regard to attention to detail, contractual key performance indicators, and customer perception and feedback.
- Have experience in the conduct of design and development of L&D initiatives, including both training and development activities,
- Have the ability to work to demanding deadlines, ensuring a high degree of accuracy, paying due regard to attention to detail, contractual key performance indicators, and customer perception and feedback.
Ref: 13267/001_1527859211 | Published: 01th Jun 2018