Role: Senior Informatics Data Analyst
Location: Milton Keynes
Job Type: Permanent
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Reporting to the COO the role of the Senior Informatics Data Analyst is to primarily lead the design and implementation of Bioinformatics Systems in UKBC. The role holder must be able to manage effective relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. Laboratory / Operations / IT) and provide support to the Head of Laboratories in analysing Bioinformatics Data in UKBC.
In addition to the above the role holder will provide administrative and operational support to end users as well as provide support to the LIMS Developer with regard to identifying data integrity issues, analysing the root cause and implementing a fix to the solution.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To act as the Design Authority for UKBC Bioinformatics Systems
- To ensure that Bioinformatics Systems are implemented and maintained to meet the business requirements.
- Provision of data for and attendance at all internal and external data quality meetings.
- Design and implement informatics components of projects.
- To manage relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. Laboratory / Operations / IT).
- To evaluate technologies and solutions and determine suitability for Bioinformatics Systems.
- To report to the Head of Laboratories with regards to progress of projects, identification of issues and proposal of solutions.
- Provide estimates on resourcing and timescales for delivery.
- To provide operational support to end users.
All UK Biocentre staff will be aware of and work in accordance to the quality policy, relevant quality objectives and hold accountability to their contribution to the effectiveness of the quality management system; including understanding the benefits of improved performance and the implications of not conforming with the quality management system requirements.
In order to ensure that UK Biocentre remains free from any undue commercial, financial or other pressures that could adversely affect the quality of the work undertaken; the organisation commits to the highest ethical standards. All staff are expected to operate with integrity if ever subjected to external pressures while handling client's diagnostic samples and must at every opportunity, safeguard and protect the confidentiality of all sensitive information.
To uphold the health and safety all individuals working for or visiting UK Biocentre are committed to the Health and Safety Policy and to the implementation and maintenance of the highest standards in accordance with health, safety and welfare across the business. All staff are expected to adhere to the company policies and share this commitment to work together to achieve excellence.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience in using programming languages such as SQL.
- Knowledge of laboratory information management systems platforms.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Good understanding of data architecture and design.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Educated to degree level or higher in computing, scientific or engineering discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience working with complex data sets.
- Thorough knowledge of laboratory processes and procedures and automated systems.
- Being visible and available as a leader for all data analysis requirements including laboratory quality assurance schemes
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external parties in order to progress projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. Laboratory / Operations / IT).
- Ability to communicate both written and orally, clearly and persuasively, explaining complicated matters simply, tailoring delivery methods/media to suit the audience's needs and understanding.
- Ability to clarify, plan and prioritise own work and that of the others in order to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work proactively in order to ensure objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Must take pride in own work, setting and achieving high standards for self and working with others.
- Ability to analyse complex problems and propose solutions while satisfying any constraints imposed by the business i.e. resource or time.
- Ability to consider wider impact of decisions, assessing possible outcomes and their likelihood.
- Ability to challenge decisions and proposals appropriately to ensure processes are robust.
- Ability to identify when escalation
- Ability to use coaching & mentoring skills and skills of persuasion & negotiation to lead teams.
- Experience in cloud services.
- Line Management experience
Ref: 13358/001_1611926983 | Published: 29th Jan 2021