Job Description - Senior Business Analyst OSUK
Business Area: OSUK
Location: STC - Coventry
Level: Level 2
Our client is an NIC EIC registered contractor employed by the MoD to operate and maintain Water and Wastewater assets across England. The Operations team is split into five regions, North to South. Sites are a mix of infra and non infra, with a large variety of electrical and mechanical assets.
Our client is built to anticipate and react to the shifting needs of communities. They are doing it in some exciting ways, like using new digital platforms to communicate with customers, implementing cost-saving initiatives that are keeping bills falling, and beginning a joint venture with that will improve their offering for businesses across England and Scotland.
Water impacts every aspect of our day-to-day lives, defining everything from the clothes we wear to the food we eat, the way we construct our cities to the places we choose to build new homes. That means, as culture, technology and the environment change, our clients' business changes too. They move with the current and, here, so will you.
Shape the future
The future's fluid - and it's there to be shaped. When you join our client, you'll be helping them to respond to new pressures on resources and grow in a sustainable way. That could include investing in renewable technologies or reducing the use of chemicals in their treatment works, finding smarter ways of testing wastewater or delivering the internal support they need to make the business run. Whichever challenge you take on, the implications of your work will be felt by generations to come.
You'll also help them to continue the legacy of over a century of engineering, by maintaining and enhancing a large, complex network with deep, far-reaching roots.
Deliver something special
There's no denying that water is the world's most precious resource. It's our client's job to deliver it. They know that the water cycle ties their business, communities and the global environment together - so they have a responsibility to do things in the right way. That's why they care about the work they do and its effects on others.
You will be accountable for supporting the ERP systems in OSUK alongside leading scoping workshops for new business requirements. This will involve proactively working with both technical and non-technical teams ensuring that all OSUK ERP systems are available, optimally performing and supported.
The key areas of focus for this role are:
- Key understanding of OSUK including its strategy, business activities, processes, priorities and challenges. You will work as a member of the wider OSUK Continuous Improvement and Technology teams to ensure the right technology solutions are implemented.
- Accountable for leading business requirement sessions, ensuring all scoping requirements are accurately captured and portrayed.
- Responsible for ensuring processes are documented and maintained
- Working with the Systems Analysts to ensure the ERP systems are optimised and supported
- Working with the Systems Analysts to implement any changes to the systems, future proofing any new implementation and ensuring performance is maintained
- Configuration changes to OSUK's systems.
- Acting as a mentor to the Systems Analyst
The key duties of the role are:
- 5+ years' experience in business systems analysis
- Accountable for successfully planning and leading process and data workshops in order to determine project scope, current and future state process requirements, systems and data flows, data integration, extract and migration requirements.
- Ensure there is an effective communication between business and technical teams.
- Responsible for business processes, ensuring they are streamlined and standardised.
- Accountable for the appropriate level of implementation test plans and test data
- Handling changing, evolving, conflicting requirements across the business
- Working with 3rd party software suppliers, with handover of business requirements and testing of supplied software.
- Identifying and establishing specifications for new projects by developing project goals, phases, and assisting with budget determination.
- Ensuring through testing, that any new equipment or technology introduced does not compromise the performance or reliability of existing systems or services.
- 3+ years' experience with Oracle SQL, PL/SQL and using it to build and implement complex software configurations
- Analysing PL/SQL triggers, procedures, functions; preferably using Oracle SQL Developer.
- Production of business and functional requirements documentation.
- Enterprise Resource Planners (ERP), ideally Oracle based.
- Analysing, customizing and configuring ERP systems.
- ERP systems integration analysis.
- Process and data analysis and modelling.
- Data migration and data transformation.
- Analysing software issues and identifying effective solutions.
- Liaising with 2nd and/or 3rd line support to facilitate business and infrastructure changes and software updates.
- Analysis and modification of logic in existing applications.
- Ensuring system service levels / performance is maintained.
- Cross functional business analysis; preferably including resource/task scheduling and asset maintenance.
- Testing of software changes.
Systems Analyst Additional Accountabilities
- In the event of high priority incidents involving IFS act as Incident Manager to ensure restoration of service as quickly as possible, carry out root cause analysis and ensure any mitigating/preventative actions are taken.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- Able to work well in a team, sharing knowledge but also self-motivated and self-managed
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to coordinate activities and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Effective, versatile and action-oriented, with a focus on customer experience
- A proactive self-starter with a 'just do it' mind set and a 'right first time' mentality
- Excellent administration skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Able to communicate at all levels of the organisation, with robust stakeholder management skills and ability to balance diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders
- Quickly pick up and learn complex IT Systems, specifically ERP systems.
- Degree is desirable
- ITIL Qualifications are desirable
- SAFe certification is desirable
Ref: STSBA_1654702109 | Published: 08th Jun 2022