Job Title: Security Officer
Reporting to: Security Manager
To provide Security to the site by internal and external patrolling, access and egress control, and other duties that exceed customer requirements and complies with Security Procedures. To demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times.
- Proactively promote a positive Health & Safety culture and ensure adherence to policies (including HR/EHS/Security).
- Actively participate in company communications including Toolbox Talks, Safety Flashes, Emails, monthly business updates.
- Support Lean and participate in activities such as 5S
- Control of movements on and off site using access control and NOVA system
- Reception of visitors and/or contractors, including the escort of visitors if required
- Extensive searching of people and vehicles leaving site
- Extensive site searches
- Process monitoring and witnessing
- Monitoring the protective security systems - namely alarms, CCTV systems and other computerised equipment - responding and taking appropriate action where necessary
- Carry out site patrols ensuring all areas are routinely monitored and safety and security needs are met
- Involvement in individual and team projects
- Carry out all relevant duties in a professional and confidential manner whilst maintaining high standards of integrity and discipline at all times
- Provide a reasonable degree of flexibility and additional cover as required
- Inform the Manager of any difficulties encountered in carrying out the above - to enable appropriate resolution of difficulties either by self and/or higher management
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably required by relevant manager
- Provide First Aid cover to the site as required
SPECIAL FACTORS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The incumbent is expected to travel to the Royston site as required to attend training courses etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to work in both inside and outside work environments, in all weathers. Appropriate work wear will be provided. The employee can expect to come into some contact with dust. The internal temperature is generally average.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25kg if a male / 16kg for a female. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The candidate will need to demonstrate that they have a GCSE grade C or equivalent in English. Written and basic IT skills are needed as you will be required to operate IT based systems and to compile incident logs and reports.
- Trustworthy and responsible
- Confident, practical, proactive, ability to use your initiative when required and are able to work with and without supervision.
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
- You will be expected to study for, and obtain: a National Vocational Qualification Level 2 /3 in Providing Security Services if you do not hold these already
- You will be expected to study for and obtain a First Aid at Work certificate
- Works to achieve goals in spite of barriers or difficulties
- Adjusts focus when it becomes obvious that a goal cannot be achieved
- `Takes prompt action and responds quickly when confronted with a problem
- Tenacious in dealing with difficult and thorny issues `
- Implements new ideas or potential solutions without prompting `
- ``Does not wait for others to take action or to request action
Customer Relationship Management (Internal Customers)
- Extremely delivery focused
- Demonstrates ability to build strong relationships with Managers, Team Leaders and employees.
- Adapts style to audience in order to achieve positive outcomes
- Influential and persuasive
- Communicates regularly and effectively
Stress Tolerance and Resilience
- Presents a positive disposition and maintains constructive interpersonal relationships when under stress
- Bounces back quickly after a setback
Leading through Vision and Values
- Has strong personal morals and ethics and displays integrity and honesty
- Leads by example
- Maintain log books and records as laid out in the Security Procedures.
- Issue visitor/contractor passes as laid down in the Security Procedures.
- Deal with lost property in accordance with the Security Procedures.
- Answer telephone calls as laid down in the Security Procedures.
Health and Safety
- Record and report to Manager all faults, health and safety hazards and unsafe working practices.
- Enforce and adhere to the site health and safety procedures.
Fire and Emergencies
- Ensure emergency escape routes are kept free from obstruction.
- Investigate cause of Fire Alarm activation.
Ref: 13101 | Published: 11th Oct 2016