Role: Security Officer (Ex- Military preferred)
Line Manager: Duty Manager & General Estate Manager
Department: Front of House
Our Client is a responsible modern organisation, with best practice a fundamental part of their DNA. Our client is ever conscious of the need for balance: superlative client service with sustainability; management excellence with staff motivation; financial prudence with a permanent programme of growth and improvement.
Our Client focuses on delivering outstanding management to their clients and lessees. They are constantly developing initiatives to ensure that their day to day management is as effective as possible, which supports them in their plans to become the leading residential management property company across the UK market.
Key services and strategies within our client's firm include:
- Their innovative approach to management and customer service,
- Their dedication to corporate social responsibility
- Their investment in their staff
Purpose and Aim of the Role:
To ensure the overall safety of residents and staff within the estate. To be observant to potential unwanted behaviour from residents or members of the public and to manage accordingly. Remaining vigilant to potential acts of thefts or vandalism. Overseeing access control and visitor management.
Key duties will include:
- To provide excellent visual standards and quality customer service for the development.
- To be self-motivating and to strive for and achieve success for the development and company.
- To foster a can-do attitude to encourage continuous improvement.
- To be fully engaged by taking accountability for all tasks given and to see them through to the end.
- To complete when required any operational site inspections, following the patrol program in place, making use of CCTV hotspots.
- To generate new and exciting ideas to benefit the team.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding and following the company's Health & Safety policies and practices, demonstrating personal engagement with safety and proactively identifying risks and hazards (to immediate manager) to continuously improve safety performance.
Key behavioural competencies:
- Communicating and Presenting: To be able to demonstrate quality verbal and written communication to effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders and handle queries and issues promptly and professionally, demonstrating genuine care and concern.
- Relationship Building: The ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues and external parties at all levels to achieve a positive environment.
- Customer Focus: The ability to show sensitivity in dealing with delicate and confidential issues, putting high importance on the needs of all customers.
- Continuous Improvement: The ability to identify new ideas and areas of improvements that can contribute to the business in a positive way or improve personal performance.
- Timeliness: The ability to manage your own time, carrying out multiple tasks effectively and working autonomously where required.
- Planning and Organising: To be flexible, responding quickly and positively and by showing cooperation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of estate / company goals.
- Achievement Focus: To drive self and others to work towards excellence, setting new goals and pushing for high standards.
Role specific accountabilities:
- To perform your duties and provide an overall security service, in the prescribed manner, as instructed by Management.
- To inspect, on a daily basis, all external areas of the private residential buildings & when necessary internal areas that have been reported with any problems, security or health and safety concerns to the Estate Manager and Duty Manager. Key areas include Car Park, Estate walkways and Gardens.
- To conduct the required health and safety inspections and activities to assist in keeping the development and workplace a safe environment for all.
- Supervising any keys which may be held in the security office ensuring that they are correctly logged in & out in accordance with the agreed procedures.
- Decision-making and problem-solve in the absence of the Duty Manager.
- To be a point of contact, to resolve all residents and visitor's queries and complaints.
- To assist with the development communication with line management and colleagues to ensure residents and staff be kept up to date.
- To read and action daily handovers and to manage in the absence of the Duty Manager.
- To assist in the required onsite duties and provide excellent concierge services as prescribed by the development.
- To read and respond to internal department e-mails on Microsoft Outlook.
- In the absence of a Concierge of Duty Manager, to assist with the safekeeping and security of resident's apartment keys using the Property Management System.
- In the absence of a Concierge or Duty Manager, to assist with the acceptance of estate items and deliveries and arrange for safe storage to assist with the receipt and collection process of resident parcels/packages using the Property Management System.
- To support and cover the Estate Traffic and Concierge roles and as when required. This includes the issuing of PCN tickets to illegally parked vehicles anywhere on the development.
- To carry out any ad-hoc duties as requested by the Management team.
Ref: 13315/001_1561738561 | Published: 28th Jun 2019