RESIDENTIAL BUILDING MANAGER (Live-in)
Location: South East London
Salary: £27k - £29k
Line Manager: Property Manager
Start date: ASAP
PURPOSE AND AIM OF ROLE:
- Residents: Customer focused, service based day to day management of a luxury block of flats
- Building: Day to day Security and management of the Block, including the management and organisation of a team of three (two porters, 1 cleaner/ porter), third parties, specialists and contractors as required
- Managing Agents: Liaise with and follow Managing Agents administrative processes as required including the maintenance of effective building records
- To be responsible for the day to day management of all practical aspects of the running of the Building.
- To have an in depth working knowledge of The premises
- To liaise with Lessees and Residents to resolve issues and problems arising on a day to day basis.
- To liaise with the Property Manager to assist in the development and implementation of strategic policies for the Building.
- To ensure that all Health and Safety policies are implemented and to be aware on a day to day basis of any arising risks.
- To carry out daily inspections of the Building and to carry out regular formal inspections of the hallways, external ground and pool facilities. Formal inspections to be documented and action taken to address any issues identified.
- To ensure that all administrative matters are dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner.
- The Residential Manager will maintain accurate records of all service and maintenance work and provide a written report to the Managing Agent weekly.
- To be available when on site to deal with out of hours emergencies and contactable when off site.
- To take responsibility for the security of the Building and to liaise with local authorities, police and Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinators where appropriate.
- Ability to carry out minor maintenance tasks and willingness to assist in all practical aspects of work on the Building when necessary.
- Carry out general cleaning duties and ground maintenance works on a daily basis or as and when required.
- Awareness of green issues and practices.
Health and Safety
- To assist with the annual fire and health and safety risk assessments.
- To ensure that all incidents or accidents are logged and reported as required under the client's policy and legislation.
- To update all H&S maintenance on in-house and on-line records
- You are required to keep yourself informed of and comply with the company policy on Health & Safety as it affects the property and your work. The Managing Agent will provide you with a copy of the Regulations for Health & Safety which you shall keep available at all times.
- To be flexible and to undertake any such other duties as may reasonably be expected of the position by the Managing Agent or the Board of Directors
- To adopt a pro-active attitude to dealing with Building issues.
- To be prepared to undertake additional training in order to enhance their skill base.
- The Residential Building Manager will ensure that all contractors working within individual flats will not start work before 9am and will leave the premises no later than 5pm on weekdays, adhering to the Building House Rules at all times
- To ensure The Premises is a well-managed, safe, clean and secure environment in which to live and work.
- To use the Managing Agent's on-line platform as an administration and communication tool
- To ensure the refuse areas are checked on a daily basis and kept clean. To rotate the bins are required. To ensure the bins are presented and returned to their correct location before / after collection by the council.
- You should behave in an appropriate manner at all times.
Ref: 12990 | Published: 12th Feb 2016