Fleet & Workshop Manager, Regional
Locations: Aylesford, Kent & Leyland, Lancashire
Our client is a well known high street retailer who is looking to attract a qualified Fleet and Workshop Manager for sites in both Aylesford, Kent and Leyland, Lancashire.
To make a full contribution to the department in support of achieving business plan objectives.
To demonstrate complete commitment to achieve customer service satisfaction targets by offering care, attention and flexibility whilst maintaining the company core values, behaviours and principles.
To manage the daily operation of the Regional workshop ensuring that vehicles are maintained to the appropriate company standards and downtime is kept within prescribed limits.
To ensure that the quality of workmanship produced meets the appropriate standards, and that all Health and Safety measures are in place and adhered to.
To be responsible for the maintenance planning and execution of the fleets allocated to the workshops.
To be accountable for the budget, compliance, strategy and standard of the Regional vehicle fleet
To be responsible for the maintenance planning and execution of the Regional Operating groups fleets.
To challenge costs on all aspects of vehicle maintenance with all suppliers.
- Operation of the vehicle workshop
- All internal and external maintenance of the fleet.
- Budgetary control in excess of £3M
- Line management of staff
- Legal compliance within remit
- Create & implement local strategies
- Provide clear direction to the team to support the delivery of the Distribution Business Plan.
- Lead, develop and support SM's & ASM,s to deliver all department KPI's in an efficient, safe and legal manner.
- Ensure resources are used effectively to achieve operational KPI's.
- Fleet and staff strategy for forward planning.
- Identify opportunities to drive improvements on staff survey scores.
- Create and manage budgets.
- Produce a succession plan for the workshop team
- Performance manage the team.
- Create and encourage a culture that underpins the principles of PBOP.
- Be aware of the general competition, trading climate and business performance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the appropriate systems & procedures in use in the department.
- Contribute to a safe working environment by being aware of legislative requirements of the workplace.
- Play a leading part in the formulation of business plan objectives.
- Actively demonstrate flexibility across the operation to achieve business targets.
- Take responsibility for personal development and participate in a coaching and feedback culture.
- Support the Fleet Maintenance Manager across the division as required
- Support the Region and be the key fleet contact.
- Support the assigned home delivery operating groups and be the key fleet contact for those groups.
- Accountable for assigned Region's fleet legal compliance, fleet strategy and total budget control including challenging costs.
- Accountable for assigned operating groups fleet legal compliance, fleet strategy and total budget control including challenging costs.
- Show interest in the department, branch and company co ownership culture
- Delivery of efficient workshop operation
- Within agreed budgets & KPIs
- Vehicles maintained to schedule and legal compliance
- Vehicle downtime kept within prescribed limits
- To agreed standards
- Line Manager duties performed
- Stakeholder feedback
- Downtime within agreed %
- Sick absence on or below target
- Works flexibly across the operation
- Maintains an active PDP
- Maintains high customer service standards
- Promotes other service
- Staff Survey score for dept
- Department succession plan
- Manager KPI's
- ARP's completed on time
- All operational KPI's are met
- Legal compliance
Please contact Jon Sampson for further details on or call 020 8078 0772
Ref: T8/JS/13455_1635766524 | Published: 01th Nov 2021