Reactive Maintenance Lead (Ex-Military Only)
Salary: £34,000 - £37,000
Start date: ASAP
Our Client is a leading provider of solutions and services that solve transport, lighting, infrastructure and telecommunication problems across the Urban and Inter Urban environments. They are part of a global technical services provider, with a turnover in excess of €4bn and circa 23,000 employees.
Our Client is a keen supporter of ex-forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
As a Reactive Maintenance Lead your role will be:
- To provide first class leadership of teams that provides services for reactive maintenance activities.
- To ensure teams work in accordance with agreed processes and controls
- To drive a 'can-do' philosophy within the teams and to work pro-actively with the Client.
- To collaborate with the other service leads in Infracomms to resolve operational Issues and contribute to a sustainable business.
- To maintain and develop strong and trusting relationships with your peers and with the HIGHWAYS ENGLAND and the NRTS Principal Contractor
- To provide functional day to day supervision to a team of engineers to ensure that the highest levels of service are attained in delivering reactive maintenance activities whilst maximising the productivity and effectiveness of the team's available resources.
- To effectively and efficiently lead a team of engineers focusing on delivering the highest levels of customer service in a service management environment.
- To ensure that established and potentially new relationships within the client and their scheme sub-contractors are maintained and developed.
- To ensure that all work carried out by the directly managed reactive maintenance team is delivered to time, quality and cost, and does not impact the other work streams within the project.
The responsibilities of a Reactive Maintenance Lead are:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational aspects of the reactive maintenance tasks within the HIGHWAYS ENGLAND national infrastructure.
- Responsible for providing field engineer resources, including instructing sub-contractors, to support national initiatives.
- To ensure there is no impact to other work streams due to incorrectly delivered maintenance services activities.
- Responsible for ensuring that all appropriate Operational level agreements, Service level agreements and processes are successfully implemented.
- Responsible for ensuring that all engineers receive regular team meetings, operational objectives and annual performance reviews.
- Responsible for assessing and managing the developmental requirements of engineers and deliver these requirements through operational objectives and annual performance reviews.
- Responsible for ensuring that all company and contractual strategies, policies and plans are communicated and are understood by all engineers on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all teams under their responsibility meet statutory, contractual and internal, operational and technical requirements in order to optimise profit & growth in all areas, not just financial measures.
- To maintain an appropriate structure and staff within the team at all times in order to optimise all internal and external operational and financial requirements in the short-term whilst maintaining appropriate plans for anticipated future change.
- Support the resource allocation process across the Unit.
- Proactively assist with the delivery of the safety agenda through clear communication and management of team safety.
- Proactively adopt the GeneSYS Internal Planned Works Governance Framework submitting timely and accurate information for all required network activities undertaken.
- To task trained engineers, with all the appropriate equipment to ensure they are able to complete all tasks requested as effectively and efficiently as possible on a day-to-day basis.
- To establish long range 24/7/365 response rotas for the assigned area and ensure these are fulfilled. Take the out-of-hours "escalation" role within the area and national rota structure as required.
- To task engineers and ensure that all works completed by them whilst working on the HIGHWAYS ENGLAND infrastructure are completed safely and to the highest quality.
- To interface with key Business areas, build and maintain close working relations with the HIGHWAYS ENGLAND and contract partners.
- Closely monitors progress of concurrent tasks, minimising slippage and supporting the relevant manager through routine and exception reporting.
- Ensure that all engineers are aware of the performance management targets, and manage these in relation to their roles within NRTS.
- Support all commercial aspects of the NRTS contract by ensuring all the necessary evidence is collated and then provided to the commercial team and client.
- Ensure that all engineers are regularly updated on, and compliant with, all associated accreditation requirements and scheme -specific obligations which support the running of the contract.
- Analyses requirements and work packages from the customer to determine resource requirements manage dependencies and commit to delivery timescales.
To be considered for the Reactive Maintenance Lead position, you should have served in the British Armed Forces and have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- HNC in Telecommunications or an Electrical/electronic professional qualifications or equivalent experience
- First line supervisory management qualification or experience.
- Competent knowledge of standard Microsoft applications.
- HND in electrical engineering/ electronics professional qualifications.
- Site Supervisory safety training scheme (SSSTS)
- Proven ability to supervise people within a technical and customer service field team environment.
- Good understanding and proven experience of working in a telecoms fixed line engineering environment.
- Continuous Professional Development
- Knowledge of Company's (NRTS) products and services
- Experience of electrical engineering in a roadside infrastructure environment
- Must possess a deep customer centric service delivery focus.
- Strong communication, influencing, negotiation, interpersonal and standard report writing skills.
- Lead, motivate and develop a technical team of field based engineers
- Prioritisation awareness in response to Highways Agency needs.
- Ability to influence effectively at 2nd line management within the NRTS business
- Resilience and tenacity, problem solving, often under pressure in the field
- Self Motivated.
- Team Player
- Full clean UK Driving license
- Ability to travel.
- Overnight stays when required.
Ref: 12981 | Published: 01th Dec 2015