Job Title: Quantity Surveyor (Ex- Military candidates preferred)
Location: Westminster, London
Salary: £50000 - £ 55000
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 8.00am - 17.00pm
Our Client is a FORTUNE 500 company with estimated revenues of approximately $7.5B.They are a leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services.
They employ approximately 34,000 highly skilled professionals working at over 75 companies in 170 locations.
The role will require the successful candidate to provide Quantity Surveying Services to the EFS Contract. Leading the assessment and delivery of projects the candidate will be expected to take ownership of client instructions, engaging directly with the client and being responsible for financial control of the instruction.
- Assist with designing project scope documents
- Prepare initial & final estimates
- Advise as to appropriate tendering and contractual arrangements.
- Assist in the vetting of contractors and specialist sub-contractors and suppliers to be invited to submit tenders.
- Receive and analyse tenders and report upon tenders received.
- Report to the client as to the actual and projected final cost of the project
- Extensive experience in a services environment of value led sales pricing and general cost estimating
- Experienced in contract value optimisation
- Experience in preparing and negotiating legal and commercial aspects of sizeable contracts
- A thorough understanding of the principles of risk management
- Strong analysis and report writing skills demonstrating attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team and communicate issues to both Divisional Commercial Manager and local colleagues
- Good presentation skills, both written and oral with high drive and energy levels
- Proven ability to contribute to the development of long-term business plans and commercial strategy
- Proven experience in negotiating complex deals with third party suppliers
- Ideally qualified to HNC/degree level in engineering, commercial management, business administration or facilities management
- Appointment subject to approved DV clearance
- 25 days annual leave
- Company Pension Scheme
- Family friendly benefits
Ref: 13222_1502969902 | Published: 17th Aug 2017