Role: Quality Control Manager (Ex-Military preferred)
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Site Management
Our Client is one of the largest homebuilders in the UK, operating from 24 regional offices across England, Scotland, Wales and Spain. They aim to be the developer of choice for customers, employees, communities and shareholders.
Our Client is known for building a wide range of properties, from one- and two-bedroom apartments to five bedrooms detached houses, with a broad price range including both private and affordable homes. They are truly national and they cover most regions across the UK. Their regional businesses are run as local homebuilders and have in-depth knowledge and experience of the local market.
Our Client understands that development is about more than creating homes and they provide millions of pounds worth of infrastructure, for example roads, sewers, landscaping and community facilities, every year across the UK. They aim to develop vibrant communities with a true sense of place that fit into their surrounding area and meet the needs of local people.
Assist and support the Site Management team with the following -
Health, Safety and Environment
- Ensure all site personnel comply with the company's Health and Safety procedures manual.
- Control waste management and compliance with waste segregation best practice and responsible for actively monitoring and reducing waste on site.
- Assess available materials are fit for purpose and report any shortcomings to the regional office.
- Ensuring that drawings and details being used for construction, comply with the current drawing register.
- Ensure all plots are checked for safety, technical and quality compliance using the company Build Quality Assurance document.
- Ensure plots under construction comply with the relevant company detail book.
- Ensure plots under construction comply with NHBC standards/or LABC equivalent.
- Ensure trades are complying with the relevant construction specification.
- Ensure compliance Production Manual guidance.
- Ensure plots are thoroughly checked and approved prior to any regulatory body inspections.
- Identification and administration of trade tool box talks
Material planning and coordination
- Ensure materials are ordered and delivered in a timely manner to meet the construction programme and maximize efficiency.
- Ensure materials are distributed according to plot specification
- Ensure delivered material quantities are as ordered and free from defects reducing rework costs.
- Report and manage delivery defects and shortages in a timely manner.
- Ensure materials are stored safely and securely and protected to minimize waste and prevent theft.
- Work in conjunction with Site Management, telehandler operatives and crane operators to ensure efficient distribution of materials.
- Applying Company operating framework rules in respect of street scene etc.
- To ensure client options are checked and installed in a timely fashion in liaison with subcontractors and local BU Buying Department. (Stage 50 and 70 key checks)
- Ensure every plot is presented for HQI defect free.
- Manage the completion of any 48hr reported defects in a timely manner
- Completing and administration meter readings.
- Ensuring that at legal completion, the house is defect free, clean and ready for occupation.
- Assist the Customer Relations Manager if required, in resolving any concerns or defects identified by the customer post completion.
- Building team spirit.
- Customer focus.
- Decision making.
- Health & safety compliant
- Detailed building and construction experience.
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Management of people.
- CSCS card
Ref: 13219_1502819695 | Published: 15th Aug 2017