Property Services Manager
Location: Milton Park
Salary: £ Competitive + Company car, mobile phone, laptop.
Start date: ASAP
Our client is a privately owned, family managed company. The directors of the company take a very personal interest in every contract, both by direct communication with the client and through the reporting procedures incorporated as part of company policy.
Our client covers all aspects of Facilities Management, from Cleaning to Property Services, Waste Management to Landscape and Maintenance and more.
Our client believes in growing and developing from within. A full training and induction programme is carried out for all staff to encourage correct working practices, use of equipment, chemicals and materials that they are expected to use as part of their duties.
Our Client is a keen supporter of ex-forces personnel and to be considered for this role you should have served in the British Armed Forces.
The role of a Property Services Manager is, but is not limited to:
- Responsibility for the provision of a defined range of property services.
- Management of client enquiries and orders for property services, site visits, costing of jobs and submission of quotations for all jobs and tenders for mechanical and electrical supply, purchasing of materials, plant hire, allocation of duties to team members, risk assessments & method statements, work permits, reconciliation of time-sheets and completion of job sheets for invoicing processes.
- Management and supervision of property services team and Helpdesk Administrator at Milton Park.
- Compliance with company health & safety and environmental procedures and current legislation.
- Complete conversance with company procedures and organisation.
- Ensuring client work requests are responded to promptly and followed up as necessary in accordance with SLA's and KPI's.
- Attending or delegating site visits to accurately identify work to be carried out, obtaining or making drawings and identifying health & safety or environmental risks.
- Preparation and submission of accurate quotations including costing all jobs, taking into consideration cost of materials, plant hire and labour costs.
- Preparation and submission of tender documents for mechanical and electrical supply.
- Preparation of risk assessments and method statements and drawing up or obtaining of work permits before work commences.
- Reconciliation of time-sheets and completion of job sheets for Property Services team, ensuring that jobs can be invoiced promptly.
- Ensuring the company is always presented in a positive manner.
- Compliance with all existing systems, procedures and work practices.
- Establishment of excellent interpersonal relationships with company clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, employees and other outside agencies.
The role of Property Services Manager is vital as you are co-ordinating the business functions ensuring client satisfaction at all sites.
It is important that:
- Clients, staff and other outside agencies are greeted in a warm, friendly, courteous and professional manner.
Clients should have their enquiries dealt with as soon as possible. You should fully investigate any concerns, liaise with other departments or organisations as necessary and then report back to the client, ensuring they are fully aware of the latest situation and particularly when closure is obtained. You are responsible for keeping up to date records and developing management systems.
Duties of a Property Services Manager will include:
- Management and leadership of the property services team as required including overseeing the allocation of work, attendance and performance management, motivation and the provision of advice and support to the team as required.
- Customer liaison, including meeting clients and ensuring client enquiries are promptly processed and responded to - meeting SLA and KPI requirements, keeping clients informed of any delays or difficulties encountered.
- Carrying out site visits in response to client enquiries or orders, specifying what work is required. This will include requesting drawings or making drawings of the site, assessing any risks and obtaining sufficient information to ensure that quotations can be raised and work can be carried out.
- Liaison with other company departments, as required, to request further site visits as necessary.
- Ensuring the department is accurate in pricing jobs including obtaining costs for all materials, plant hire and labour and the preparation and submission of quotations and tender documents.
- Management of order processing ensuring all jobs are logged on the computerised maintenance management system, including ordering raw materials, plant and equipment hire and allocating jobs to staff.
- Management of routine maintenance schedule ensuring targets are achieved and deadlines are met.
- Responsibility for ensuring clients are kept up to date regarding the status of repairs already requested and confirmation of anticipated completion dates.
- Attending and chairing when required regular departmental progress meetings including logging all ongoing and scheduled jobs and client enquiries and circulating reports and action lists.
- Ensuring quality, health & safety and environmental procedures are followed and updated in accordance with any new legislation.
- Management of the issue of risk assessments and method statements for all jobs and the obtaining of work permits before any work can commence.
- Acting focal contact point for all company staff for queries relating to Property Services at Milton Park.
- Supervision of processing of invoices and delivery notes from suppliers, sub-contractors and own staff.
- Liaison with the company accounts department to ensure work completed is invoiced accurately and promptly.
- Provision of information to clients and sub-contractors as required regarding repairs by Property Services including audits, satisfaction surveys, appointments, abortive calls etc.
- Management of the department's administration, ensuring accurate records are maintained and all data is stored safely and accurately.
- Dealing with client complaints regarding Property Services, maintaining a department client complaint log and reviewing quarterly to identify trends and improve procedures where necessary.
- Responsibility for training and induction of new staff, both within the department and for other departments regarding Property Services.
- Identification of staff training needs within the Property Services team and with regard to Milton Park.
- Ensuring company is always presented in a positive manner.
- Responsibility for ensuring correct IT procedures are followed at all times including saving work on the "I" drive and following email and internet guidelines.
- Being aware of and proactive in following the company Environmental Policy, report any noted non-conformances in respect of instructed Environmental procedures to Environmental Focal Point.
- Keeping the department work area clean, tidy and well organised.
- Occasional tasks at the discretion of the management / Directors and any additional ad-hoc duties as required.
- Understanding and implementing company's organisation, services, standard procedures and policies.
- Taking part in training and meetings as required and reporting to the Joint Managing Directors, keeping them informed of all developments.
- Informing the HR Manager of any personal or health issues regarding the team that are causing concern and any change of personal information such as home address, telephone number etc.
To be considered for the Property Services Manager role it would be an advantage if you have been in the British Armed Forces and have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Building services qualifications including mechanical and electrical engineering
- Experienced health & safety manager
- Good decision-maker and effective negotiator
- Willingness to take responsibility
- Professional attitude with good business awareness
- Committed to excellence in customer care
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels - oral and written
- Effective time management
- Organised and methodical
- Able to multi-task, focus and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Helpful, considerate and approachable
- Enjoys team activities
- Keen to co-operate
- Confident and inspiring team leader
- Experienced manager with strong supervisory skills
- Understanding of delivering quality assurance
- Overall knowledge, skills and experience of managing or supervising:
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Painting & Decorating
- Extensive property services experience and knowledge of building maintenance issues
- Experience in a customer-facing role including complaint management and problem resolution
- Confident pricing jobs and raising quotations
- Good IT and administrative skills
- Excellent task planning ability
- Quick learner, able to interpret information
- Awareness of need for confidentiality
- Basic understanding of business finances and how to improve cash-flow
- Awareness of environmental management systems
- Dynamic and innovative
- Responsive, hands-on, "can-do" approach
- Proactive, highly self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Good sense of humour
- Self-confident and resourceful
- Copes well under pressure
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills - able to relate well at all levels
- Friendly, caring and helpful
- Diplomatic, good listener & approachable
- Keen to learn, receive training and share knowledge
Ref: 13094 | Published: 23th Aug 2016